ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Firefox Extensions: Your favorite or most useful

<< < (134/192) > >>

IainB:
At the risk of duplication I thought it might be useful to cross-post this recent, and rather relevant and informative comment from @4wd:
(Thanks @4wd - there are some extensions there that look quite handy and that I don't think I have tried out yet, so I shall get busy.)
Tnx. Any particular add-ons you would recommend?  :)-bit (February 04, 2015, 08:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

I have the following installed in Pale Moon x64 (non-portable):

- Advanced URL Builder 1.6.29
   Append selected text to the URL of your favourite site.
- Bluhell Firewall 2.5.0
   Lightweight Ad-Blocker and Tracking/Privacy Protector.
- Download Statusbar 0.9.10
   View and manage downloads from a tidy statusbar
- DownloadHelper 4.9.24
   Download videos and images from many sites
- DownThemAll! 2.0.18
   The mass downloader for Firefox.
- Extension List Dumper 1.15.2
   Dumps a list of the installed extensions.
- Form History Control 1.4.0.2
   Manage Form History (view, edit, delete, clean-up, export/import)
- Ghostery 5.4.1
- Google search link fix 1.4.9
   Prevents Google, Yahoo and Yandex search pages from modifying search result links when you click them. This is useful when copying links but it also helps privacy by preventing the search engines from recording your clicks.
- Greasemonkey 1.15
   A User Script Manager for Firefox
- Lightbeam 1.0.10.2
   Lightbeam is a Firefox add-on that allows you to see the third parties that are collecting information about your browsing activity, with and without your consent. Using interactive visualizations, Lightbeam shows you the relationships between these third parties and the sites you visit.
- Master Password+ 1.21.3
   Various enhancements for built-in "Master Password" feature
- Open RegEdit Key 0.2.0
   Open selected registry in the registry editor from context menu.
- RefControl 0.8.17
   Control what gets sent as the HTTP Referer on a per-site basis.
- RequestPolicy 1.0.beta8.2
   Control which cross-site requests are allowed. Improve the privacy of your browsing. Secure yourself from Cross-Site Request Forgery (CSRF) and other attacks.
- Self-Destructing Cookies 0.4.6
   Fix the web. Gets rid of a site's cookies and LocalStorage as soon as you close its tabs. Protects against trackers and zombie-cookies. Trustworthy services can be whitelisted.
- Speed Dial [FVD] - New Tab Page, Sync... 6.7.2
   FVD Speed Dial - Speed dial button, Online Synchronization, New Tab Start Page, Organize bookmarks, Custom backgrounds, custom dials, organized groups, most visited dials.
- Stylish 2.0.1
   Restyle the web with Stylish, a user styles manager.
- Suspend Tab 0.2.2014050201
   Suspends background old tabs automatically to save memory usage.
- Tab Mix Plus 0.4.1.6
   Tab browsing with an added boost.
- TinEye Reverse Image Search 1.1
   Adds TinEye search context menu item for images.
- TrashMail.com 2.7.1
   Create disposable email addresses.
- Vacuum Places Improved 1.2
   Defragment your places.sqlite database to speed-up Firefox
--- End quote ---

I could probably get rid of a couple since they seemed like a good idea at the time but I never use them.
-4wd (February 04, 2015, 09:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

Target:
Any chance we can desist from amending thread titles

If a thread needs a new title then it probably needs a new thread

I understand you might be trying to draw attention to something but it's very disruptive if you've been following a thread for a while (it makes it seem like your just trying to draw attention to your post)

Curt:
(it makes it seem like your just trying to draw attention to your post)-Target (February 26, 2015, 03:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

why write a post, if it doesn't get any attention?

MilesAhead:
The only surprising thing I find about FF Sync is that it doesn't scramble the stuff up.-IainB
--- End quote ---
I guess it depends how you use it.  But Mozilla has several requests like mine for overwrite variations of send and receive rather than just everything a merge.  How I was using it was to install FF in a VM, then set up sync to have all bookmarks and addons.  But I kept getting blowback to my Windows host OS FF.  Stuff like duplicate Bookmarks menu entries, and just a general mess.

The work-around was to kill the online account an create a new one.  Not very smooth.  I had similar problems with chromium sync.  I think it should work more like the SyncPlaces FF AddOn where you could send and receive with overwrite.

4wd:
I think it should work more like the SyncPlaces FF AddOn where you could send and receive with overwrite.-MilesAhead (February 26, 2015, 04:51 PM)
--- End quote ---

In Firefox, Pale Moon, (and probably other Mozilla based versions), just select Sync Options when you're Creating/Linking and you can change what happens:

So you can effectively have one master browser and all other iterations are slaves.

Or do you mean you only want to update some of your Firefox based browsers when you want rather than have them synchronised?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version