ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Firefox Extensions: Your favorite or most useful

<< < (25/192) > >>

housetier:
oh wow your whole collection is rather impressive. I just started to bundle my tags as well which helps a lot.

How do you keep them organized? Sometimes I spend hours to re-tag my bookmarks, or to merge tags. But still I always feel overwhelmed by the sheer extension of my tag cloud.

sri, do you know of a tutorial or a howto explaining "how to proper tag your bookmarks" or something in that direction?

sri:
housetier:

What's your del.icio.us username?

I hardly organize my del. bookmarks and it's high time I do it. I've created few more tag bundles but it gets really tedious after a while.

No, I don't have any such tutorial handy. But recently I've been giving some thought about the tags I enter while adding a bookmark to my del. I just close my eyes and try to think "If I want to get to this again after say 2 months, what tag would I first use to search?". This method has been working pretty good for me in that, anytime someone asks for that website or software I go to that tag in my del. and find it.

housetier:
What's your del.icio.us username?
-sri (September 15, 2006, 07:15 AM)
--- End quote ---

It is housetier of course. I don't use services or websites where I can't be housetier :P

I do not have many shared bookmarks...

mouser:
I'm really starting to get into FireFox.

Here's my current list, exported for bbcode (the formatting used on this forum), by the excellent, and previously mentioned extension InfoLister (see below).  Anyone wanting to share their favorite extension list should Install InfoLister:

Extensions (enabled: 37, disabled: 4; total: 41)
[*]AI Roboform Toolbar for Firefox 6.7.5
[*]BBCodeXtra 0.2.5.5
[*]BetterSearch 1.12
[*]BugMeNot 1.3
[*]Clippings 2.0.1
[*]Colorful Tabs 1.4
[*]Compact Library Extension Organizer (CLEO) 1.0
[*]Copy as HTML Link 1.0
[*]CustomizeGoogle 0.51
[*]DOM Inspector 1.8.0.7
[*]Domain Details 1.0.1
[*]Download Manager Tweak 0.7.1
[*]DownThemAll! 0.9.9.6.5
[*]DT Whois 1.2 [disabled]
[*]Ext2Abc 0.5
[*]Fasterfox 1.0.3
[*]FireBug 0.4
[*]Firefox Extension Backup Extension (FEBE) 3.0
[*]Firefox Showcase 0.8.0.2
[*]FlashGot 0.5.96.060910
[*]Forecastfox 0.9.3
[*]Google Toolbar for Firefox 2.1.20060807W
[*]IE Tab 1.1.1.1
[*]InfoLister 0.9e
[*]McAfee SiteAdvisor 23.0
[*]MinimizeToTray 0.0.1.2006030906+
[*]netcrafttoolbar 1.1.1.3
[*]NoScript 1.1.4.3 [disabled]
[*]PDF Download 0.7.5
[*]Plain Text to Link 1.5.20060124
[*]ScrapBook 1.2.0.5
[*]StumbleUpon 2.83
[*]Tab Mix Plus 0.3.0.5
[*]Table2Clipboard 0.0.2.1
[*]Total Validator 2.3
[*]View Source Chart 2.4.05
[*]Web Developer 1.0.2
[/list]

housetier:
(...)
I do not have many shared bookmarks...
-housetier (September 15, 2006, 07:21 AM)
--- End quote ---

I do now though. I am virtually sharing all my del.icio.us bookmarks. It has completely replaced the bookmark thing of Firefox. I am now looking for a way to post to del.icio.us AND ma.gnolia.com at the same time. There is diigo, but somehow it doesn't post to magnolia; there are bookmarklets, but either they are only for one such service or I they "just" make posting a little easier (I still have to manually post to selected services); there is a userscript that lets me add my delicious bookmarks to magolia, but there is no indication if a bookmark has already been added. In short: I want something like diigo, but functional for delicious and magnolia.

On another note: I shall go an try a few of mouser's many extensions now :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version