ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Firefox Extensions: Your favorite or most useful

<< < (130/192) > >>

MilesAhead:
I like this idea.  I'm trying it out.  One thing though, the Toolbar Button scheme could make it more obvious what the traffic light color is.  I think it's green.  But if it's yellow I might not know the difference.

Edit: In chrome is pops out a green blob.  Much more obvious.

Edit2:  So far this is working very nicely.  My SAS and MBAM scans are coming up clean instead of showing the usual 52 tracking cookies.   :Thmbsup:

Curt:
You read a long text. You need to scroll in the text - and then you need to return. But now it seems the line has left the page! Where is it?
You need TextMarker Go!

I have come to like TextMarker Go. Remembering Ctrl+Shift+F9 and F2, makes it so much easier to temporary leave the paragraph you're reading in a long text and later on instantly come back to the very same line.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/textmarker-go/

ewemoa:
I use a different strategy for this type of situation when using some text editors -- creating a new view of the same document and navigating in the new one.  For Firefox, something similar used to be possible with an extension that allowed one to split the currently visible window / tab (?).  Not sure if this is still possible...

Update: I think the following or its predecessor was what I used:

Fox Splitter

Update 2: Unfortunately, it doesn't appear to work with FF 31.0...

silat:
I use a different strategy for this type of situation when using some text editors -- creating a new view of the same document and navigating in the new one.  For Firefox, something similar used to be possible with an extension that allowed one to split the currently visible window / tab (?).  Not sure if this is still possible...

Update: I think the following or its predecessor was what I used:

Fox Splitter

Update 2: Unfortunately, it doesn't appear to work with FF 31.0...
-ewemoa (August 28, 2014, 09:52 PM)
--- End quote ---

Fox Splitter was a fine add-on. Too bad it has not been upgraded.

MilesAhead:
Fox Splitter was a fine add-on. Too bad it has not been upgraded.
--- End quote ---

Have you tried hacking the MaxVersion number?  I think that's all they did for the SyncPlaces group of AddOns to "update" them.  Although the CheckPlaces favicon fetch doesn't seem to work anymore.  I use FavIconReloader.

Editing an add-on to change its compatibility

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version