ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Firefox Extensions: Your favorite or most useful

<< < (113/192) > >>

MilesAhead:
Stylish perhaps is your answer... :)

Note: Not affliated with that addon just a user of it.
-hamradio (October 23, 2013, 02:03 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for the suggestion. I dabbled with it. But trying to edit each site is too time intensive(assuming no ready-made themes produce legible text.)  I think the real answer would be in the Firefox settings.  In the color picker there should be a special choice called "pass through" to leave that color alone.  That way changes could be enforced in one or two categories.  A lot simpler for the user.  Although it's probably more difficult to program.

Winkie:
Color toggle maybe? (I don't use that one myself)

For hard to read pages I use No Color.

MilesAhead:
Color toggle maybe? (I don't use that one myself)

For hard to read pages I use No Color.
-Winkie (October 24, 2013, 12:20 PM)
--- End quote ---

:)  I was just coming back to report I found Color Toggle.  :)

I set up my color scheme with "allow pages" unchecked .. and the alternate scheme I left at default/don't care with "allow pages" checked.  So it amounts to toggling "allow pages" setting with a hotkey.  At least it's a start.

IainB:
I wonder if anyone knows an AddOn or setting that would allow the web site's images,backgrounds and colors to come through, but also allow text and link colors to be overridden?  The built in FF settings allow me to choose text, non-visited, and visited link colors. But they won't be used if "Allow sites to use their own colors" is checked.
What I'm running into is nice themes on forums but the text is hard to read.  If I could only override the text colors I'd be golden.
-MilesAhead (October 23, 2013, 01:56 PM)
--- End quote ---
Not sure if this is what you want, but you could try NoSquint:
I've been using it for a while now to reduce glary webpages, including DCF, after someone in DCF pointed it out.

IainB:
Came across this todayand am trying out the user script version rather than the add-on; seems quite handy:
(Copied below sans embedded hyperlinks/images.)
TitleQ
a FireFox extension for faster browsing
TitleQ is a browser enhancement that lets you jump between headlines on a page. You do this by pressing Ctrl + Arrow Up/Down. This can speed up reading blog frontpages and similar, where you quickly want to skim through the article headlines.

Download from Mozilla AddOns:
Download TitleQ

Note: If you have GreaseMonkey (or equivalent) installed, you can download this extension as a user script instead: TitleQ.user.js

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version