ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Firefox Extensions: Your favorite or most useful

<< < (65/192) > >>

urlwolf:
to set bookmarks within a page, i use the aptly named: Book Text Mark.
-lanux128 (June 30, 2009, 10:52 AM)
--- End quote ---

I use diigo. It's a killer app. Beats delicious.

MilesAhead:
I just made a collection of all the ones I use in my "normal" firefox profile. Feel free to browse through it. Never know if you'll find something you never noticed before.
-app103 (July 20, 2009, 10:41 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hmmmmmm, the download status bar thingy looks interesting.  When I don't use GigaGet I hate when that default download dialog pops up. :)

Innuendo:
MilesAhead, I've been using DownloadStatusBar since the Firefox v2.x days and it's been spectacular. When I first made the switch from IE to Firefox that default download dialog popup irritated me to no end and DownloadStatusBar was instrumental in keeping me using Firefox (Yeah, I hated that popup THAT much!).

The configurability is great as well. You can configure what file extensions stay visible till you deal with them and which ones disappear on their own. Since I have configured NZB files to open in my binary downloader I don't need them hanging around so they automatically get dismissed after 5 seconds.

MilesAhead:
That's good to know.  That Opera download tab can get annoying too.  I mainly use Opera these days to listen to music clips on AllMusic.com.  It plays them navtively.. so I don't have to mess with a media player addon/plugin. Just about everything else I do with FF though.

The main thing bugging me with FF now is I'm using Minefield and I like to update it often.  With the nightly builds that's very very often.  But every time I have to open application.ini and set the Crash reporting to 0, and kill those DDE exec registry settings.  I have a .reg script but to get it to "take" I have to run an Explorer Environment refresh utility about 3 times(just calls AutoIt UpdateEnv() function.)  Sheesh!!!  At least that saves me from having to log off. I'm surprised 3.6pre is in limbo for so long. Seems to work fine for me.  Then again I don't stress it with rows of tabs or dozens of addons.  Seems to run as good as any other FF I've used though.

app103:
Ummm...you mentioned these were from your "normal" Firefox profile. Do we dare imagine what your other profile looks like? Are we going to start referring to you as 'that scary firefox profile girl', too?
-Innuendo (July 21, 2009, 11:11 AM)
--- End quote ---

The other one is web dev stuff.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version