ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Firefox Extensions: Your favorite or most useful

<< < (63/192) > >>

Innuendo:
Here's a little plugin that I don't think has been mentioned before but makes the Find function in Firefox nicer.

The Findbar Basics extension adds four basic features to Firefox's Find Toolbar:

* a Statusbar button that toggles the Find Toolbar on and off.
    * a Clear button inside the Find Toolbar for clearing all text from the input box.
    * an optional toolbar button that toggles the Find Toolbar on and off. You can place this button anywhere you like by dragging it from the Customize Toolbar window.
    * Ctrl-F key command to toggle the Find Toolbar on and off.

That last bullet point makes the extension worth installing all by itself. Why the Mozilla team didn't make Ctrl-F a toggle is a mystery to me.

Get it here:

http://www.tom-cat.com/mozilla/firefox/extensions-findbarbasics.html

Curt:
    * Ctrl-F key command to toggle the Find Toolbar on and off.

That last bullet point makes the extension worth installing all by itself. Why the Mozilla team didn't make Ctrl-F a toggle is a mystery to me.-Innuendo (June 30, 2009, 11:00 AM)
--- End quote ---

- nice feature. And to make it even easier, just hit Escape.  :up:

mwang:
That last bullet point makes the extension worth installing all by itself. Why the Mozilla team didn't make Ctrl-F a toggle is a mystery to me.
-Innuendo (June 30, 2009, 11:00 AM)
--- End quote ---

I actually prefer the way it is. When I hit Ctrl-F, I want to search, period. I certainly understand your preference, though. To me that's the beauty of Firefox: letting you change the way it works through extensions. In fact, I use an extension called XUL/Migemo that let me switch among 3 different search modes (normal - regexp - migemo) by hitting Ctrl-F.

4wd:
   * Ctrl-F key command to toggle the Find Toolbar on and off.-Innuendo (June 30, 2009, 11:00 AM)
--- End quote ---

I don't understand why you can't just hit the default  '/' and start typing, (although I turned off having to hit it).  And then hit Escape to hide it.

If nothing else, it saves having to use two fingers  :P

And you can always hit Ctrl-F if you're trapped in a text input area.

Or ' if you want to search for links only - finally remembered that one, since I have it set to just search for everything.

Innuendo:
4wd,
Didn't know about the Quick Find functionality, but where is the Next/Prev functionality? Not to mention if you pause to think too long the Quick Find box goes away.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version