ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Firefox Extensions: Your favorite or most useful

<< < (62/192) > >>

mouser:
Lazarus is an extension that basically saves web forms so if 'Something Bad' happens and all the data you typed is lost forcing you to start over you can restore all your hard work with a single click.
--- End quote ---

that could be VERY useful.

CleverCat:
 :Thmbsup: Useful for when I do a listing for my friends business...

app103:
What makes it the must-have extension is that there's practically no other reason to highlight text on a Web page except to copy it to your clipboard.
-mouser (June 27, 2009, 07:15 AM)
--- End quote ---

Not entirely true. I do a lot of highlighting of excerpt text for sharing things on Friendfeed. When clicking the button for the bookmarklet, it automatically adds selected text to the comment field. I wouldn't want to have the clipboard text I planned on using for the title wiped out by an extension like that one.

Another reason for highlighting text is if you are using something like Surfulator. Or how about just for making it more visible if the contrast on the page is bad?

f0dder:
I highlight things all the time when reading stuff on the web - and not just when the contrast is bad, I use it as a visual indicator of how far I've read. I'd absolutely hate if selecting text automatically copied it to the clipboard :)

lanux128:
to set bookmarks within a page, i use the aptly named: Book Text Mark.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version