ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Firefox Extensions: Your favorite or most useful

<< < (56/192) > >>

Nod5:
7. Wired Marker - I only use it to Right-Click and highlight words with one of my saved colours. It's great because it's permanent.
-Lefax32 (June 12, 2009, 07:43 PM)
--- End quote ---
Nice one! I've for a long time wanted something exactly like that but for pdf files not html.

Curt:
Just found this - it's great!

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addons/policy/0/12059/54100
-CleverCat (June 13, 2009, 02:13 AM)
--- End quote ---
:tellme:
Our primary revenue source is our search partners, Yahoo! and Ask, so please give them a try. Brand Thunder includes Yahoo! Search as the default search engine and the popular search-enhancement extension from Surf Canyon. By clicking Accept & Install, you are accepting the Brand Thunder License Agreement.
--- End quote ---

CleverCat:
Still got Google as my default - and the search enhancement is useful!  ;)

masu:
My current top3 FF plugins are:

Secure Login - like Opera Wand login feature
Taboo - brilliant bookmark fceature
Fast Dial - similar to Operas Speed Dial feature

:Thmbsup: :-* :Thmbsup:

Innuendo:
No extension recommendations at the moment because I am redoing my Firefox setup, but working on this project this morning reminded me of two tips that every Firefox user should keep in mind.

1. Do a fresh, clean re-install of Firefox every once in a while or at least start fresh with a new profile. Over time extensions leave obsolete files and settings behind and uninstalling extensions doesn't always remove everything that was added when they were installed.

2. Every so often set aside some time to go look at the homepages of the extensions you are using. Some extensions don't have auto-update routines set up properly so new versions may get released and you'll never be notified. I found three extensions this morning that had new versions that the Addons dialog's "Find Updates" function never knew existed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version