ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Firefox Extensions: Your favorite or most useful

<< < (173/192) > >>

MilesAhead:
It would have been handy to have had it a while back when Firefox used to hang alot (at least for me).
-dantheman (May 04, 2016, 08:44 PM)
--- End quote ---

It must be my turn.  :)  It sure hangs for me.  Not frozen forever.  Just sits unresponsive for a variable number of seconds.  Then the keystrokes and mouse clicks will be processed.  It is really annoying.  Sometimes I have to claw the scrollbar 10 times to get the page to scroll down.  It is not waiting for the page to load.  It just ignores the mouse/keyboard until it feels like processing the window messages.

Chrome based browsers seem a bit more responsive but I can find my battery level going down due to running  a dozen processes to do one thing.  No happy medium it seems.  I seem to remember FF 30+ working fine.  Somewhere along the line they broke it.

Edit: Maybe I should switch back to x86.  Not that it makes much difference as far as the hangs go.  But maybe the AddOn will work.  :)

Edit2:  x86 seems to work fine with it.  It survived both a log off and back on, and a reboot.   :Thmbsup:

MilesAhead:
Start delay while extension display their buttons.  For example since FF is my default browser if I start it just by launching a URL there can be a 30 second or longer delay.  Even if I start to a blank page I cannot type anything into the address bar until the extensions are done displaying the buttons.

I tried putting the buttons on the status bar instead but it seems to make no difference.

Anyone know a work-around that would let FF navigate right away and load the buttons afterward?

dantheman:
Can we ask how many addons you have Miles?
I've learned over the years to keep them to a minimum.
Temptation is strong though!

Perhaps Speedyfox can be of assistance?

dantheman:
Btw, if you can try Fx out on Linux - just to see if there would be any difference.

MilesAhead:
Can we ask how many addons you have Miles?
I've learned over the years to keep them to a minimum.
Temptation is strong though!

Perhaps Speedyfox can be of assistance?
-dantheman (May 06, 2016, 12:51 PM)
--- End quote ---

More to the point I think is the number of buttons.  Flag in address bar, toolbar has Reader, fast dial, ublock, wot.  Statusbar has Statusbarx, textarea cache, color toggle, Not many!  I have trouble doing without a Fast Dial type of addon and I know it likely slows it down the most.  Bummer.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version