ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Firefox Extensions: Your favorite or most useful

<< < (141/192) > >>

IainB:
Potentially very useful add-on, via the excellent firefoxfacts.com:
Open in Wayback Machine - Firefox Facts
May/23 in Add-ons Reviews

Open in Wayback Machine is a very cool addition to the browser. A button and context menu item to open URL in the Wayback Machine, service to view previous versions of websites from archive.org.

How many times have you opened a dead link before? Do you know about the Wayback Machine, amazing web service from guys at archive.org which silently spiders the Web and periodically remembers how pages looked like before?

This extension is a shorthand for easy access of features of Wayback Machine.

Button in toolbar, which opens currently opened page in Wayback Machine. If you already opened the dead link, just one click and you probably will get the content you wanted after all.
    Context menu item, which opens given URL link in the web page in Wayback Machine. If you already know or see that the link is dead (Wikipedia is pretty anal in this case), you can open this link straight in the archive.org UI for searching the past.

Pick up the Open in Wayback Machine in the Firefox Add-ons website.

--- End quote ---

TaoPhoenix:

I'm getting a message not compatible with my version of Pale Moon.

4wd:
I'm getting a message not compatible with my version of Pale Moon. -TaoPhoenix (May 23, 2015, 10:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

Try Resurrect Pages if the page you're visiting has died.

Curt:
Try github.com/...  -4wd (May 23, 2015, 10:38 PM)
--- End quote ---

Please someone take the time to explain, how to do on github! I look at the page but cannot see it has anything to offer for my Firefox: I can't see any .xpi files! I mean, this particulat page is all about an add-on for Firefox... So where is it??? (I already have the file in mention, my question is about github.)
 :tellme:

TaoPhoenix:
I'm getting a message not compatible with my version of Pale Moon. -TaoPhoenix (May 23, 2015, 10:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

Try Resurrect Pages if the page you're visiting has died.
 (see attachment in previous post)
-4wd (May 23, 2015, 10:38 PM)
--- End quote ---

No, the server is there, but the addon is "not compatible" with my version of Firefox and won't install.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version