ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Firefox Extensions: Your favorite or most useful

<< < (129/192) > >>

MilesAhead:
I like that Tab Grenade.  Seems to work fine in Cyberfox x64 31.0.1

silat:
I like that Tab Grenade.  Seems to work fine in Cyberfox x64 31.0.1
-MilesAhead (August 16, 2014, 04:30 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes that is a great one. Keeps the links thru shutdowns.
I really have learned to love Fastest Search too. It has a learning curve, but is worth it.

ewemoa:
I really have learned to love Fastest Search too. It has a learning curve, but is worth it.
-silat (August 17, 2014, 02:22 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for mentioning this -- I'm trying it out for the regular expression search capabilities.  There seems to be a lot of functionality in this add-on.

Anyone suggest an alternative that does only (or mostly) just searching with the option of using regular expressions?

IainB:
Could be useful. As a result of reading the comment below, regarding a post at techsupportalert.com on Ghostery, I am now trialling Privacy Badger | EFF (It's in ß, for Firefox and Chrome):
by famewolf on 20. August 2014 - 18:47  (118098)
I personally prefer Privacy Badger by the electronic frontier foundation (the name in privacy on the web in my opinion..they don't use your data for anything). https://www.eff.org/privacybadger

From their F.A.Q.:

What is Privacy Badger?

Privacy Badger is a browser add-on that stops advertisers and other third-party trackers from secretly tracking where you go and what pages you look at on the web. If an advertiser seems to be tracking you across multiple websites without your permission, Privacy Badger automatically blocks that advertiser from loading any more content in your browser. To the advertiser, it's like you suddenly disappeared.

How is Privacy Badger different to Disconnect, Adblock Plus, Ghostery, and other blocking extensions?

Privacy Badger was born out of our desire to be able to recommend a single extension that would automatically analyze and block any tracker or ad that violated the principle of user consent; which could function well without any settings, knowledge or configuration by the user; which is produced by an organization that is unambiguously working for its users rather than for advertisers; and which uses algorithmic methods to decide what is and isn't tracking.

Although we like Disconnect, Adblock Plus, Ghostery and similar products (in fact Privacy Badger is based on the ABP code!), none of them are exactly what we were looking for. In our testing, all of them required some custom configuration to block non-consensual trackers. Several of these extensions have business models that we weren't entirely comfortable with. And EFF hopes that by developing rigorous algorithmic and policy methods for detecting and preventing non-consensual tracking, we'll produce a codebase that could in fact be adopted by those other extensions, or by mainstream browsers, to give users maximal control over who does and doesn't get to know what they do online.

--- End quote ---

tomos:
^ Privacy Badger sounds good Iain -
and nice to know you can pretty much completely trust the source :up:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version