ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Firefox Extensions: Your favorite or most useful

<< < (124/192) > >>

tomos:
Not really an extension and many of you may be aware of it already, but I just found how to do it today.  Jump to the last tab that had the focus by pressing Control Tab.  Just set about:config
browser.ctrlTab.previews to True-MilesAhead (May 29, 2014, 05:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

thanks for that tip Miles - works out of the box in PaleMoon :up:

I remember in FF that clicking on the tab with focus would move the focus to the last focused tab (try saying that fast :p).
I think that was inbuilt, but stopped working at some stage - a good while back now...

MilesAhead:
Also works in FF 27.0 portable.  That "about:config" stuff is almost as undocumented as the Windows Registry.  :)

IainB:
Seriously useful - OpenDyslexic - Firefox Facts

Ergonomically, serifed fonts were apparently the best fonts for recognition, speed-reading and comprehension.
Maybe the Open Dyslexic font changes that. I wonder how OCR copes with it?

IainB:
I have for years used and currently use ScrapBook to capture and search specific web pages. I have a huge library of such captured material.
ScrapBook
About this Add-on
ScrapBook is a Firefox extension, which helps you to save Web pages and easily manage collections. Key features are lightness, speed, accuracy and multi-language support. Major features are:
* Save Web page
* Save snippet of Web page
* Save Web site
* Organize the collection in the same way as Bookmarks
* Full text search and quick filtering search of the collection
* Editing of the collected Web page
* Text/HTML edit feature resembling Opera's Notes

--- End quote ---

The reason I have stuck with Scrapbook is that there is nothing else quite like it. However, today I came across this:Chrome extension All Seeing Eye indexes all text in your Web history - CNET, and found in the Chrome Web Store:
Chrome Web Store - ALL SEEING EYE
Record All Browsing in Screenshots & Full Text. Search For Anything At Any Time. Never Forget Where You Read Something. 100% Private

How to use:
After installing, browse to a few web sites of your choice (e.g. yahoo.com, facebook.com, etc) so that the browser  creates some new entries  in your web history. After that go to Show All History from your browser's History menu
Every time you see a new page while browsing it will be saved as a screenshot and all its contents will be remembered so you can go to Show All History from your browsers History menu and search for things in your web history, with a visual interface that helps you find stuff.

NEW: you may now use tags in the Options tab to tell the extension not to capture certain sites.

What it does:
If you want to remember everything you see on the web and have a way to search your web history with full content then this extension will help you do just that. The normal browser history does not save the text inside the pages you visit so you can't search for anything except the title and URL. This extension saves and indexes all the text in all the pages you visit so you can find everything in your history with a few keystrokes. It also takes screenshots of all pages so you can locate to the right page with visual memory. It makes it easier to find stuff that you've already come across in your browsing, so you don't have to search for it again on the web.

I developed this extension to help me find information I come across much more easily than having to search for it again on the web. If it's in my history, I can find it. This has given me all seeing powers. You can have that power too, dear user.

This extension does NOT send any of your browsing info to the cloud or anywhere. It keeps everything on your machine. It will respect your privacy and not work in Incognito mode, so all your browsing in Incognito mode is never saved.

This extension is Open Source. If you're a developer feel free to examine the code and ask any questions or submit issues directly on Github: https://github.com/idibidiart/AllSeeingEye

Currently, only English is supported for searchable content. Other languages will added in the future.

--- End quote ---

If this were a FF extension, it would be potentially one of the most useful that I could imagine - with the "missing" functionality that I would like Scrapbook to be capable of, to better meet my peculiar requirements.

dr_andus:
... today I came across this:Chrome extension All Seeing Eye indexes all text in your Web history - CNET, and found in the Chrome Web Store:
-IainB (June 17, 2014, 08:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

Maybe it's time for a "Chrome Extensions: Your favorite or most useful" thread?  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version