ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Firefox Extensions: Your favorite or most useful

<< < (111/192) > >>

Winkie:
For my ultra-heavy-duty favorite pages, I made an entire (low tek) special home page with them. Thus it's available from anywhere, so I don't have to think about home comp vs phone vs friend's house vs net cafe vs hotel. It's just there.
-TaoPhoenix (April 19, 2013, 11:20 AM)
--- End quote ---

I do the same thing for sites I think I'll want to come back to fairly often.   For the rest, I use Linkman Pro, which I love for many reasons, including its superfast search capabilities.  I keep an identical copy of Linkman on my netbook.
-cyberdiva (April 20, 2013, 09:00 AM)
--- End quote ---
I also use Linkman Pro, but I have set MyBookmarks as my homepage/new tab page for the frequent visited pages. Previously I only used the bookmark toolbar in Firefox, but it became too crowded...

IainB:
I believe it is a file manager that can tag every downloaded file, and replace Evernote
- all from within Firefox.
-Curt (April 18, 2013, 03:08 PM)
--- End quote ---
Looks rather intriguing. Shall give it a whirl, and see.
-IainB (April 19, 2013, 06:22 AM)
--- End quote ---
I posted a comment about the FF add-on mentioned above - TagSpaces - here (in the context of Tag standards): On the lack of standardisation in "tagging".
TagSpaces itself seems like quite well-made software, but I am unsure as to whether I could make much use of it in its present state.

cyberdiva:
I also use Linkman Pro, but I have set MyBookmarks as my homepage/new tab page for the frequent visited pages. Previously I only used the bookmark toolbar in Firefox, but it became too crowded...
-Winkie (May 11, 2013, 01:54 PM)
--- End quote ---
One disadvantage of using a Firefox add-on to do this is that it works only in Firefox.  From time to time, I use Opera or Internet Explorer, and I have all my browsers set to use the same page of links on my hard drive as the browser's homepage.  That way, it doesn't matter what browser I use. 

IainB:
I have been trying out the FF add-on PopVideo, and it seems to work rather nicely. Looks promising. I think I might keep it.
Could be worth a look anyway.    :up:
The add-on manifests as a little white-on-blue-background icon tab of a video camera at the top RHS corner of a video window. It auto-hides, and only appears on mouse-hover over the video frame, so you might miss it at first glance (as did I).
I am not sure if the add-on will handle the views for all types of browser-based video clips - I am still trialling it.
PopVideo
PopVideo is a completely free add-on that pops out your web videos into resizable windows. Use our lightweight and powerful add-on to create a more immersive and enjoyable video viewing experience.

Brought to you by the crazy code Ninjas at WeKnowNet, the folks who created EatMyCookies, PowerZoom and EaseLink, PopVideo will transform your internet video consumption habits.

PopVideo takes an ordinary video embedded on a web page, and pops it out of the page, allowing you to resize and move your video around the page. Why be a sucker and watch a small, sad video stuck in the middle of a page when you can POP it out and live the big cinema video life?
--- End quote ---

cmpm:
Does this Skrommel software do the same thing?

https://www.donationcoder.com/Software/Skrommel/index.html#DetachVideo

Or differently. I've used this little jewel off and on for a long time now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version