ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Firefox Extensions: Your favorite or most useful

<< < (11/192) > >>

alexp:
I have just went through my extensions and removed all the one's I don't use, here's what's left:

- Adblock Plus 0.6.0.4 - Filters ads from web pages
- All-in-One Gestures 0.17.4 - This extension allows you to execute common commands using mouse gestures, rocker navigation, scroll wheel navigation and page scrolling.
- All-In-One Sidebar 0.6.4 - Quickly switch between sidebars, view dialog windows such as downloads, extensions, and more in the sidebar, or view source or websites in the sidebar. It includes a slide-out button and a toolbar, all of which can be extensively customized.
- BBCodeXtra 0.2.5.4 - Adds BBCode/HTML/XHTML commands to the context menu
- Configuration Mania 1.06.2006013101 - More Advanced (hidden) configures & Chrome Uninstaller
- ConsoleĀ² 0.3.2 - The next generation error console.
- CustomizeGoogle 0.41 - Enhance Google search results and remove ads and spam.
- del.icio.us 1.0.2 - Keep, share and discover all your favorite things.
- DOM Inspector 1.8.0.1 - Inspect the DOM of HTML, XUL, and XML pages, including the browser chrome.
- Findbar Basics 1.2.08 - Adds a statusbar button, clear button, optional toolbar button, and Ctrl-F toggle for the Find Toolbar.
- Flashblock 1.5 - Replaces Flash objects with a button you can click to view them.
- FlashGot 0.5.9.99 - Enables single and massive("all" and "selection") downloads using the most popular external downloadmanagers for Windows, Mac OS X, Linux and FreeBSD(dozens currently supported, see Extension's Home Page for details).FlashGot offers also a Build Gallery functionality which helps to synthetizefull media galleries in one page from serial contents originally scattered onseveral pages, for easy and fast "download all".
- Foxylicious 0.5 - Integrates your del.icio.us bookmarks into your Firefox bookmarks.
- Gmail Manager 0.4.3.1 - Gmail accounts management and new mail notifications.
- Gmail Space 0.2 - Use your gmail account space for file storage. Enables to upload/download folders.
- Greasemonkey 0.6.4 - A User Script Manager for Firefox
- IE View 1.2.7 - Open pages in IE via Firefox menus
- LiveLines 0.4.4.1 - Add RSS feeds to RSS readers other than the Live Bookmark with the RSS icon on the status bar.
- Menu Editor 1.2 - Customize application menus
- Mozilla SpellCheck Libraries 1.0.1.0 - From the Mozilla Thunderbird 20050727 Nightly Win32 Build
- MR Tech Local Install 4.0.20060202.01 - Local Install power tools for all users.
- MyStickies 0.1.2 - Allows sticky notes to be added to any web page and, with an account, viewed upon return
- Reveal 1.0.5 - See everything.
- Right-Click-Link 1.1.1 - Opens selected text in a new tab.
- Searchbar Autosizer 1.0.6 - Expand the searchbox as you type
- SmoothWheel 0.44.7.20050605 - Scrolls the document smoothly when scrolling the mouse wheel
- SpellBound 0.7.3 - Adds spell checker support to web forms and extensions.
- Tab Mix Plus 0.3.0.2 - Tab browsing with an added boost.
- View Rendered Source Chart 1.5.02 - Creates a Colorful Chart of a Webpage's Rendered Source
- Web Developer 1.0.2 - Adds a menu and a toolbar with various web developer tools.
- Web Search Plus 0.1.3 - Uses the current Search Bar engine for context-menu web searches.

mouser:
wow!
awesome list alexp; i think you've just inspired me to upgrade to the lastest firefox and try some of these..  thanks for all those nice web developer oriented extensions.

vegas:
I like to run my pages at a smaller than standard font size.  Rendering those smaller font sizes in Internet Explorer (Maxthon) doesn't work so well.  And just plain resizing pages alters images too.  Can anyone point me to a Firefox extension that will remember your chosen font/text setting across the board, like every page you load is -2 on the Text Size Decrease option OR that will remember your settings on a per page basis.  Either would work as -2 steps down is what I prefer to use for text size.  Doing this makes me not have to force the font used on every page loaded but rather the font that was intended by each website.

vegas:
Can anyone help me figure out how to remove the title bar (blue bar at the very top) in FireFox.  All it does is take up wasted space for browsing.  I don't need to see the page title, because of tabs and even if tabs are shortened you can hover a tab for the page title.  Also, minimizing and closing can easily be done with shortcut keys.  I don't know if this can be done through an extension or a hack, but I have done some google searching, but no luck so far.  Help?

jgpaiva:
I am a Opera user, and once i tried firefox but it broke down when i installed a few (about 20) extensions. I thought that firefox couldn't handle it, but it seems that possibly it was one of the extensions i installed that was buggy, not ff, as this guy prooved to me.
(link from www.digg.com)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version