ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > DC Member Programs and Projects

Teddy - A simple drum machine!

<< < (3/7) > >>

mouser:
report after trying new version:

* Installer didn't add a start menu item
* Couldnt get it to change soundbanks until i turned off numlock key and then hit ctrl+numpad keys.
* Why not let just regular number key pressed change the soundbanks and spacebar to cycle?  - why make user hit ctrl+numpad?
* In the about box it would be nice if it had a link to click to open up this thread here, and maybe when you add start menu items, add a link to visit website that goes to this thread.
* Double clicking banner goes into toddler mode well -- maybe it would be nice to have text on the banner saying "Double click here to toggle toddler mode"  -- you could show it for the first 60seconds only maybe.
* On a multi-monitor setup if i made the mistake of running Teddy on one of my monitors, going into toddler mode damn near made me do a hard reboot because it was hidden behind a black screen and took over all control.  I'd suggest a few safeguards against that:  1) try to get it to do toddler mode better on multiple screen setups.  2) make a hotkey that can exit Teddy -- ctrl+alt+del like CrazyLittleFingers does would be a very good idea.
looking great though!!

scancode:
New version is up!
* Installer didn't add a start menu item-mouser (February 01, 2009, 06:02 PM)
--- End quote ---

Fixed

* Couldnt get it to change soundbanks until i turned off numlock key and then hit ctrl+numpad keys.-mouser (February 01, 2009, 06:02 PM)
--- End quote ---

Fixed, use «0-9» or dedicated button.

* Why not let just regular number key pressed change the soundbanks and spacebar to cycle?  - why make user hit ctrl+numpad?-mouser (February 01, 2009, 06:02 PM)
--- End quote ---

Fixed!

* In the about box it would be nice if it had a link to click to open up this thread here, and maybe when you add start menu items, add a link to visit website that goes to this thread.-mouser (February 01, 2009, 06:02 PM)
--- End quote ---

Added!

* Double clicking banner goes into toddler mode well -- maybe it would be nice to have text on the banner saying "Double click here to toggle toddler mode"  -- you could show it for the first 60seconds only maybe.-mouser (February 01, 2009, 06:02 PM)
--- End quote ---

Didn't like it. Added a help option instead!

* On a multi-monitor setup if i made the mistake of running Teddy on one of my monitors, going into toddler mode damn near made me do a hard reboot because it was hidden behind a black screen and took over all control.  I'd suggest a few safeguards against that:  1) try to get it to do toddler mode better on multiple screen setups.  2) make a hotkey that can exit Teddy -- ctrl+alt+del like CrazyLittleFingers does would be a very good idea.-mouser (February 01, 2009, 06:02 PM)
--- End quote ---

Need more feedback! Try this one!

kwacky1:
Great work scannie, I like the updates.

* Couldnt get it to change soundbanks until i turned off numlock key and then hit ctrl+numpad keys.-mouser (February 01, 2009, 06:02 PM)
--- End quote ---

Fixed, use «0-9» or dedicated button.

-scancode (February 01, 2009, 09:27 PM)
--- End quote ---

Now the numpad doesn't do anything, either with control key or numpad on or off..

And the 'switch soundbank' key looks like the space bar, is the space bar meant to cycle the soundbanks?

scancode:
Now the numpad doesn't do anything, either with control key or numpad on or off..
-kwacky1 (February 02, 2009, 04:24 AM)
--- End quote ---
Use the numbers on top of the keyboard ;)

And the 'switch soundbank' key looks like the space bar, is the space bar meant to cycle the soundbanks?
-kwacky1 (February 02, 2009, 04:24 AM)
--- End quote ---
I tried, but I found I accidentally hit it while playing, forcing me to wait for the soundbank to load =)

app103:
You should add more, like French and Spanish, too. You could use MP3's.

http://www.sounds.beachware.com/letters.htm (free for non-commercial use)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version