ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

New scamsites!

<< < (4/5) > >>

mediaguycouk:
Going to take the other side for a second here (note I don't speak Spanish) but the ones I checked (adobe reader and firefox) link directly to the original sites download links, so is there really a problem if they aren't charging or injecting spyware?

scancode:
Going to take the other side for a second here (note I don't speak Spanish) but the ones I checked (adobe reader and firefox) link directly to the original sites download links, so is there really a problem if they aren't charging or injecting spyware?
-mediaguycouk (November 30, 2009, 08:39 AM)
--- End quote ---
Maybe they link directly to the original DL because you're not in a supported country. I am.

--- ---    <div id="downloadarea1" class="downloadarea"><a href="AdobeReader9a.exe" class="downloadbutton">Descargar<br />
      Adobe Reader 9</a>    </div>

I didn't know Adobe used NSIS

Warning: toolbars ahead.

Adobe Reader 9HELP US OUT
We only ask you to text AREAD to 27777 to receive an install code.
Once you have it, put it in the box to continue installing the program.

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!!

Code: [                                 ]

2 messages are required to get the code. Cost of each SMS: 1 USD. Only valid for cellphones in Argentina.
If you have any trouble visit hxxp://shareware.pro/support/

scancode:
Update: I used a proxy to access the site.

--- ---    <div id="downloadarea1" class="downloadarea"><a href="http://ardownload.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/win/9.x/9.0/esp/AdbeRdr90_es_ES.exe" class="downloadbutton">Descargar<br />
      Adobe Reader 9</a>    </div>

MOTHERFKERS!

mouser:
can you explain a little bit more about what you have discovered they are doing scancode?

app103:

I think services mentioned below can be used to take these sites down.

# Phishtank (another opendns sister project)
# Web of Trust (Firefox plugin available)

-mahesh2k (January 31, 2009, 05:43 AM)
--- End quote ---

WOT would not have protected anyone from most of these scam sites until today. More than half of them didn't have any bad reputation marks. (I just changed that, though  ;) )

By the way, WOT is also available for IE, so if you know anyone that would be dumb enough to get themselves in trouble, install it on their PC, for both IE and Firefox (if they have that, too)

Scannie, if you discover any more of them, be sure to let me know. I got buckets of red paint ready for their reputation pages on WOT. If you get a big enough list together I can post it on the WOT forum and get a lot more people behind flagging them, too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version