ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Meme time! Five Things People Don't Know About Me

<< < (8/19) > >>

iphigenie:
not that I remember what I might have said before somewhere but...

1) I'm a 5 minute cat detector, due to an extremely strong allergy (although it has gotten better).

2) Am a dog person, logically. When I was 4 years old my parents asked me if I would prefer a little brother or a little sister. I replied I'd rather have a dog. It somehow took the wind out of their sails, since I never got either sibling or dog and had to wait 30+ years before I finally go a dog.

3) In spite of the story in 2), I was a fertility expert at 4 - we had friends of the family visiting, married 2 years previously, and somehow the conversation went to their yet unsuccessful attempts to have a child. I embarrassed my mother by explaining in sufficient detail how these things worked. It was worth it though, as a few months later they were expecting. I don't remember this at all, but supposedly I was very proud that my advice had worked.

4) I have my mobile phone ringtone set really low, so I don't hear it if I am concentrated on work or a conversation. Most people I have worked with really cannot understand this, but it makes sense to me. The ringtone happens to be a (self made) extract of a tune from World of Warcraft and yet nobody has ever recognised it in 2 years I have had it.

5) I think out loud, talk back to the TV, and sing to my dog

alivingspirit:
alivingspirit...
1) Likes trail mix with lots of dried fruit.
2) Thinks college is boring and a waste of time but does it anyways b/c having a degree makes you a more respected.
3) Sweats 5 times the amount of a normal person. On a hot summer day he has to drink 2 gallons of water to stay hydrated.
4) Takes public transportation.
5) Makes all his food from scratch except on rare occasions when he goes out to eat.

dwbrant:
1)  I have "cluster" headaches, in addition to the occasional migraine.
2)  I code Rexx programs and mainframe automation.  I can't really code in any other language.
3)  I love to photograph.
4)  I used up 9 years of my life jumping out of airplanes and bossing them around for the USAF.
5)  Although I have "grown up", I still occasionally listen to Steve Taylor, Sweet Comfort Band, and The 77s.

zridling:
dwbrant, do you have a Flickr account for your photos? Share man, share!

Darwin:
1. I, too, suffer from cluster headaches, migraines, and sinus headaches.
2. I collect wristwatches, pocketwatches, and fountain pens (haven't done either in years, mind you).
3. I was a huge, HUGE, Beatlemaniac as a teenager -> John Lennon was shot when I was 11 and I was instantly transmorphed from a geeky, out of step, classical and jazz loving adolescent into a geeky and out of step Beatles fan in the dying days of Punk rock...
4. I'm an omnviore.
5. I am dirunal.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version