ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Cleaning Inside the Case

<< < (8/8)

J-Mac:
Never open my case, except to add memory. Never saw any dirt inside, everything is gleaming clean. I change computers about every four years. The last one I gave to my granddaughter who had it for eighteen months now, the machine is about five and a half years old.

My motto is " If it ain't broke, don't fix it".

How do you know when to clean your computer?. Is it overheating, some malfunction that makes you think dirt is the problem, some time schedule, or is your machine saying "Clean me, clean me", or are you just bored?.

-tymrwt33 (February 16, 2009, 09:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

I can't do that with my case. When you are in a house that is well over 100 years old it is constantly generating dust. Doesn’t matter how much you clean, the house is slowly disintegrating I guess, and dust happens! And with a fan-driven exhaust system there is no reasonable way to keep all dust from getting inside the case. Thus I have to handle the dust after it is in the box!

Thanks!

Jim

J-Mac:
I have to agree with Jim on the DataVAC http://www.amazon.com/Metro-DataVac-Pro-Cleaning-kit/dp/B000OVUH30  :Thmbsup: this one is kind of on the pricey side but I bought one back in 1994 and it still going strong. Actually I recently used it to power bleed my brake system on my f350
-joemcco (February 16, 2009, 10:43 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks Joe. I do want to get one but there are other pressing things that also want my money, darn it! Doesn’t mean I won't get it; just means I have to wait a little longer.  :)

Thanks!

Jim

OldElmerFudd:
Never open my case, except to add memory. Never saw any dirt inside, everything is gleaming clean. I change computers about every four years. The last one I gave to my granddaughter who had it for eighteen months now, the machine is about five and a half years old.

My motto is " If it ain't broke, don't fix it".

How do you know when to clean your computer?. Is it overheating, some malfunction that makes you think dirt is the problem, some time schedule, or is your machine saying "Clean me, clean me", or are you just bored?.

-tymrwt33 (February 16, 2009, 09:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

I can't do that with my case. When you are in a house that is well over 100 years old it is constantly generating dust. Doesn’t matter how much you clean, the house is slowly disintegrating I guess, and dust happens! And with a fan-driven exhaust system there is no reasonable way to keep all dust from getting inside the case. Thus I have to handle the dust after it is in the box!

Thanks!

Jim
-J-Mac (February 16, 2009, 11:30 PM)
--- End quote ---

Does your comment ever strike home! My place started as a cabin in 1917, and was remodeled with added rooms and a garage in 1947. It isn't just a dust problem; there really is fine debris coming from everywhere! A couple of my machines run 24/7, but those that aren't on still accumulate fine particulates. Cleaning all of them becomes a routine eventually.
 ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version