ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Cleaning Inside the Case

<< < (6/8) > >>

nudone:
Edvard, i think the static did kill it. i'd just used a brush over the years on old hardware i didn't really care about - as i never ran into any trouble i got complacent and thought it was a safe method - which is obviously wasn't.

i won't be using any kind of brush in future (except for tickling cranioscopical).

i like the look of those metrovaca but they don't seem to be available in the UK.

cranioscopical:
Given Edvard's propensity for the more... shall we say robust solutions (I lean it up against a fence outside and fire up the electric leaf blower!!)
perhaps this would appeal.

Another big suck

Lashiec:
tinjaw recommends to shave the computer ;D. Worked fine for me. In the past I also used the vacuum cleaner to clean the case, and microfiber cloths for the components, but I removed them prior cleaning.

And I use my fingers on difficult places. Gets you dirty, but hey, that's why they invented soap :-D

briandr67:
I haven't seen a battery powered one, but there is a USB powered one at www.tegcom.com.au

OldElmerFudd:
Nod5, any online site for that?
-Paul Keith (January 31, 2009, 12:23 AM)
--- End quote ---

try Metrovac
-techidave (January 31, 2009, 09:13 PM)
--- End quote ---

http://www.cyberguys.com/templates/SearchDetail.asp?productID=371&curpage=2

URL fixed :)
-wreckedcarzz (January 31, 2009, 11:24 PM)
--- End quote ---

Long ago, I bought a dinky little SYBA USB vac for my laptop, but it never had enough oomph to do the desktops very well. I discovered the Metrovac attachments about 2 years ago, I think, but I don't really use it enough. About once a month, I'll power down a machine, let it cool, and pop the case for a blow n' wipe. Seems to work.  I'm even less organized with keyboards. I buy 2-3 of the cheapest boards whenever I get down to my last new one. Cleaning involves turning them over and whacking them on the desk! Why so many boards? Well, I've found you can't drink a cup of tea and laugh uproariously at the same time.
 :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version