ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

copy paste between 2 computers on separate networks?

<< < (2/9) > >>

Josh:
Remote desktop. It supports transfer of clipboards to and from the remote computer.

Deozaan:
Two separate IM accounts. Just IM it to yourself.

Alternately, you could also e-mail it to yourself. But if you're doing that, you may as well use pastebin, which Ampa mentioned.

CWuestefeld:
There's a Clipboard Extender utility called Ditto that will send clipboard content to remote computers that are also running Ditto.

copy paste between 2 computers on separate networks?

From the program's online help:
Options -> Friends
Friends Table - Ditto can automatically send any or all copies to up to 15 other computers.  Double-Click an entry in the to open the “Friend Details” dialog box.  Enter in the IP/name of the computer you want to send copies to.  If “Send All Copies” is set then every copy will be sent.  Otherwise the Friend will be listed in the right click menu to send them copies individually.

IP/Computer Names Text Edit Box - When a copy is received over the network and the source’s IP or computer name is in this list then the copy will be put directly onto the clipboard.  Otherwise it will only be in the Saved Clips List to use at a later time.  Enter the IP or Computer Names separated by commas into the edit box.

Network Password - When clips are sent over the network the data is encrypted using this password.  On the receiving side the data is unencrypted using their network password.  So when sending a clip across the network, both sides Network Password must be the same.  If this you want to receive clips from multiple people with different passwords then you can enter the registry keys

Receive Passwords - If you are receiving clips from computers where your network password does not match, enter additional network passwords separated by commas.  When a clip is received the network password will be tried first, if that doesn't work the list of "Receive Passwords" will be used to decrypt the clip.

NB: When a clip is received from a Friend, the Friend’s computer name is appended to the end of the Description text.

* Log Send Receive Commands – is used to view what is happing with the send and receive code.  This is to only be used if there are problems and the Ditto team asks for the file to debug.
* Disable Receiving Clips – This will prevent the server thread from starting and the socket from listening for clips over the network.  If other people send you data you will NOT receive the clips!
By Default Ditto opens port 23443, to change this add a DWORD registry entry "SendRecvPort" to "HKCU\Programs\Ditto"
--- End quote ---

nontroppo:
I made a bookmarklet for http://cl1p.net I use from my Opera context menu and a cl1p plugin for Quicksilver. For me the slight extra hassle of going via the web is offset by its simplicity, not needing additional software and being cross-platform robust...

Jimdoria:
R2 Studios also has a free app that will take pasted text and propogate to the clipboards of other machines on a network. It's called CopyCat
http://www.r2.com.au/software.php?page=2&show=copycat

Seems a bit simpler than Ditto, and I recall it wasn't always 100% reliable, but you might have a look.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version