topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 2:24 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Default email Domain autofill  (Read 3205 times)

questorfla

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2012
  • Fighting Slime all the Time
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Default email Domain autofill
« on: November 27, 2013, 01:04 AM »
I know this is surely possible but not sure if it is something there is a 3rd party app to do or if it wold take special mods to Outlook.
The company I work for has I high turnover of employees and there are quite a lot of them.   I have always wondered why Outlook does not have an option to automatically fill in a "default" mail domain wen someone enters a name like "john doe" and nothing else.
Since John just got hired, there is no auto fill for him so you have to type in the full @xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.com email domain.

It' not a big deal, just one of those small time saving "things" that sure would be nice to see it happen since or company mail domain is about 20characters long. (not MY idea :)   Short is sweet!).

My current solution which is not really that bad was to use my favorite hotkey utility (Clavier) to make a hokey for the rest.  As long as I remember to hit the hot key (they have a name for that but I forget what it is :)  )

Anyway, dumb request and maybe it is already in outlook but I don't know where.

Happy Thanksgiving to All and THANKS  from ME to Everyone for such a Great Board!!

c.gingerich

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • The Blind House
    • Donate to Member
Re: Default email Domain autofill
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2013, 03:58 PM »
Best way would be to use a Text Expander app. http://www.phraseexpress.com/  :)