ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Digital Photo Effects - Zooming Part of a Photo?

(1/1)

J-Mac:
Probably no easy way, but I am curious about a photo effect that I see more and more of lately. I see this often on television - shows like Dateline - where the subject of the show is shown in a group photo - maybe a family photo - and for effect they starting slowly panning/zooming just that person while the rest of the people in the photo stay static. The panning effect looks like the slow panning that you often see in a standard slideshow - the kind that does not use overdone or wild transition effects. The difference is that only that one person pans and nothing else.

The only way in my limited knowledge I can think of to do this would be to free select the portion of a photo that you want to pan, create a separate layer of that portion only, and then overlay that over theoriginal photo. Even then, however, I don’t know of an application that will allow panning of individual layers.

As I see this effect more and more I can't help but to think that there might be a program that has this feature built-in. But of course trying to search for such a feature on Google is next to impossible. I can't come up with search terms for this that don’t bring back some really way out results!

Does anyone here have any earthly idea what I am talking about?!?

Thanks!

Jim

PhilB66:
PhotoMesa 3 does that.

tsaint:
do you mean the ken burns effect?

J-Mac:
do you mean the ken burns effect?
-tsaint (January 21, 2009, 01:59 AM)
--- End quote ---

That type of panning, yes. But seemingly within an image rather than the entire image.

Damn, this is not easy to explain verbally! I'm going to try and find a video clip of the effect if I can and I'll post it here.

Thanks!

Jim

J-Mac:
PhotoMesa 3 does that.
-PhilB66 (January 21, 2009, 01:54 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks - I'll take a look Phil.

Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version