ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Xenon Portable File Manager - Portable Associations!

<< < (3/5) > >>

Josh:
All of the apps from portableapps.com come with installers....I see nothing weird about it.

Shades:
Conflicting concepts, perhaps?  ;)

MilesAhead:
All of the apps from portableapps.com come with installers....I see nothing weird about it.
-Josh (April 18, 2009, 05:06 PM)
--- End quote ---

I guess it has an option to hook them all in some framework or something.  Anyway, looks like a cool thing to have on USB.

MilesAhead:
Conflicting concepts, perhaps?  ;)
-Shades (April 18, 2009, 06:22 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah, kind of like those software splash pages where it lists all the features and then says and MORE!!!!! when there ain't no more.  If they could think of another specific feature to claim they woulda' done it. :)

fenixproductions:
2MilesAhead
In many cases those installers are just SFX archives with additional launchers inside.

More frightening for me is complete lack of knowledge about included software from people who download such packages.
Many creators offers "super new portable software" but simply they mislead users. For example: I saw few times "Miranda Portable" branded versions of Miranda and no one knows that Miranda was portable from the day it had been born. "Portable" is fancy word which works like magnet and people allow themselves to be blinded.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version