ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Another Linux Thread :-P

<< < (3/3)

40hz:
If you're going to use Ubuntu, you can get a legal and free electronic copy of Canonical's The Official Ubuntu Book at this link:

http://www3.vista-server.com/uploadfile/6/10/24/958328512281.zip

(Thank you Mr. Shuttleworth! :Thmbsup:)

Copyright © 2007 Canonical, Ltd.

This book is published under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 open publication license,   http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0/.

All rights reserved. Printed in the United States of America. This publication is protected by copyright, and permission must be obtained from the publisher prior to any prohibited reproduction, storage in a retrieval system, or transmission in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or likewise unless permitted under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license 2.0. ...

--- End quote ---

Jimdoria:
Thanks, 40Hz - I did download the whole Fedora 9 DVD. It sucked up all my bandwidth for a while, but I've got it now. I appreciate the offer, though!

I've registered with the Amahi site, but the issue is now the box I need to put it on. If I go with the dual P2 box, I 've got to assemble the hardware from scratch, which may require some duct tape and baling wire, and I'll need to appropriate some precious shelf space for a monitor. I don't have a flat panel lying around, so that means a humongous CRT, at least until I get things running to the point where I can use the machine over the network...

Hmmm - I think I just talked myself into using the laptop after all. :D

Anyway, I think I'll post updates to this thread periodically as the project goes along. Thanks for all the great help.

P.S. - Amahi says they have an Ubuntu version in the works, but it's not ready yet. So I'm going with Fedora for now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version