ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

wrong results?

<< < (2/2)

d4ni:
Are you kidding? It is a nice feature. I hardly ever type characters in the actual sequence. For example I usually type 'wamp' to launch Winamp, 'tbird' for Thunderbird etc.

This usually gives me the result I want faster, as with the Winamp example, starting with 'win' would list all the various items with 'windows' in their name as well :)

horst39:
Not bad! I haven't thought of it!
I immediately typed Wamp and got:
Web Photo Album, Where are my Autocad template files, WAMP (Apache), i-Sound WMA MP3 Recorder and finally Winamp plus another 20 various links!
Typing Tbird I got:
TV recorder GBPVR documentation Wiki, Extreme Thumbnail Generator, Realtek Gigabit and Fast NIC Driver, Video editor Virtual Dub and finally Thunderbird and another 20 additional unrelated links!
May be I would save 1 second typing the (nearly) full name but then I loose several second searching for the correct answer!
 :D
May be it would give better results by giving a higher score to the "closiness" and the "sequentiality" of the letters. i.e. Thundirbird should have a higher ranking than TV recorder GBPVR documentation Wiki or even Bird watching

d4ni:
Heh well, you certainly search a damn lot of files then. When typing 'wamp' I get exactly 1 result which is Winamp. With 'tbird' I get Thunderbird and the 'Program Compatibilty Wizard', which I removed after inspecting it and judged I did not ever need that.

lanux128:
just an idea, it'd be nice if one can toggle this feature on the fly, especially when searching with aliases or plugins.

mouser:
May be it would give better results by giving a higher score to the "closiness" and the "sequentiality" of the letters. i.e. Thundirbird should have a higher ranking than TV recorder GBPVR documentation Wiki or even Bird watching
--- End quote ---

it does.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version