ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Complaints about Direct Access Text Expander Taking Ideas from Others - Split Topic

<< < (8/9) > >>

bmms:
1) Do you have ANY shed of evidence that code was copied? (Yes/No)-ropt (February 03, 2009, 12:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

I hope you have not the impression that I accused him of stealing code. I NEVER wrote that anywhere. Not even close.

2) Is your process patented?-ropt (February 03, 2009, 12:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

It is not about patent. I wonder why so many ride on the patent thing because I NEVER wrote the slightest about violating a patent. Not even close.

I said this earlier already:
https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=16640.msg149301#msg149301

3) Why are you harassing a competitor in public for?-ropt (February 03, 2009, 12:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

I thought it is well explained in my postings.

bmms:
app103, I wonder how you actually have any word about the accusation's content itself while solely bashing me for standing up saying that enough is enough.

You sound to me like "Regardless if he might have stolen, you are the moron because you reveal it instead of just shut up".

I would be curious to learn more about this kind of thinking and your motivation why you completely ignore what he actually did.

app103:
You accuse him of stealing something in which there is no actual theft. Theft is a crime and he committed no crime, and you admit that yourself, that he did not commit a crime. (no theft of your source code, no reverse engineering of your software, no violation of patents)

But you continue to accuse him of theft, of "feature ideas", in which you hold no patent, in which anyone is free to create their own implementation of and add it to their software.

The fact that your own products have features in common with any other existing product is proof that this is true. Just as you are free to copy features from other products, which you have, since you are not the original and first product to ever have any of the features your has, others can do the same and it is not any more wrong for them to do it than it is for you.

Enough is enough? You are darn right it is! Especially when you are running around harassing someone for doing something that he is perfectly within his rights to do.

You do not make a competitors product look bad by bad mouthing your competitor. That is my point. And that is the greatest business advice that I can hand to you and have tried to hand to you repeatedly.

You make your competitors product look bad by outshining him, in all ways, product quality, price, features, support, and the face you put on in public everywhere you represent your company.

And on this forum, in my opinion, you have not put on a very stellar looking face.

Making people love your company and product more than his, should be your goal...not hate him more than you, because that would imply they hate you too, and on the course you are currently traveling, that is the end point.

You are doing more damage to your own company's reputation than that of nagar's.

Now please think about what kind of damage you are doing before you continue this, on this forum, or elsewhere.

Carol Haynes:
Thanks for saying that - my irritation is growing with this constant moaning and whining.

How about this for an approach - imitation is the most sincere form of flattery. Just enjoy the flattery and drop the rest. As app103 (and others have said, and if anyone is still following this I bet others think) you are doing no good to yourself by trying to maintain a flame ware - and actually by this point you have ceased to do any damage to your 'rival'.

If you want to sell your app keep innovating and people will buy it - if your ideas are copied (and I would argue that there is nothing that is really new in the market place anyway) then it will take time - grab the market first with good ideas and good implementation.

cranioscopical:
I was going to post this earlier but decided, then, that forbearance would be the better choice.

Now I'm moved to chip in.

I'm virtually certain that my reaction will matter not at all to BartelsMedia, who is willing to give away the product BUT,
on principle, I won't even try a product from someone who lacks the sense to see when his constant whining is an alienating force.

Rights, wrongs, these become buried beneath an approach that seems frankly pitiful.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version