ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > FARR Plugins and Aliases

System Tray plugin

<< < (2/2)

joshuawood:
What OS and what version (32 or 64) is on your desktop?

I've noticed the plugin doesn't load under Win 7. I havent looked at this plugin for ages, been too busy. I would like to try and get 64 bit working for Mouser at least ;)

i9uq9p702:
Hi, joshuawood,

I tested PS Tray Factory recently but it didn't quite work for me, so I was very interested to discover your plugin.

A few things that are not quite working yet (on my system - XP Home) that I hope will help you :

* FARR itself appears as a folder icon in the list instead of the default white F in the blue circle which is how it appears in the tray
* I have three hidden XP icons right now - two appear in the plugin's list, the other doesn't
* ZoneAlarm which is not hidden doesn't appear in the plugin's list
* FARR doesn't disappear once I have picked an entry
* I do see Volume, even though you said that you didn't know how to get system icons such as this
* trying to select an entry with no tooltip and therefore no title causes an Access Violation - I won't do it again but maybe you could hide them in the first place.

I am planning to continue trying the plugin, so if you need some help testing a new version then let me know.  Thank-you for your hard work so far. I hope that you find some more time to spend on this project.

joshuawood:
Hi, joshuawood,

I tested PS Tray Factory recently but it didn't quite work for me, so I was very interested to discover your plugin.

A few things that are not quite working yet (on my system - XP Home) that I hope will help you :

* FARR itself appears as a folder icon in the list instead of the default white F in the blue circle which is how it appears in the tray -i9uq9p702 (February 19, 2009, 03:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

This is by design. Currently I have issues retrieving the icon of FARR, so I ignore it. This defaults to a folder icon instead.

* I have three hidden XP icons right now - two appear in the plugin's list, the other doesn't
* ZoneAlarm which is not hidden doesn't appear in the plugin's list
--- End quote ---

By "hidden" do you mean they are visible in the tray, but are hidden the by << icon? Or are you using a program to totally hide them?

* FARR doesn't disappear once I have picked an entry
--- End quote ---

This is by design. It's easy enough for me to change. Otherwise, if you go into FARR options, settings, Window mode/focus and select the option to hide FARR when it loses focus, it will also then work as you desire.

* I do see Volume, even though you said that you didn't know how to get system icons such as this
--- End quote ---

The volume and other system icons are only an issue on Vista, not XP.

* trying to select an entry with no tooltip and therefore no title causes an Access Violation - I won't do it again but maybe you could hide them in the first place
--- End quote ---

This is interesting. It shouldn't, but there are several funny things with this plugin. What software or such does not display a tooltip? I don't have anything to test here, so let me know so I can perhaps try.

I would like to continue work on this, unfortunately most of the code is not mine, and it's far beyond my ability to debug, even though I can follow the basic gist of what it's doing. I've just pieced things together.

Mouser has suggested an alternative method to obtaining the icons, so I'll try and get that going. Icons are really a last issue for me though, working functionality for all is the main goal before beauty.

Thanks for trying. I will post the source in the next few days for anyone interested, like I said I would.

i9uq9p702:
This is by design. Currently I have issues retrieving the icon of FARR, so I ignore it. This defaults to a folder icon instead.
--- End quote ---
OK, thanks.

By "hidden" do you mean they are visible in the tray, but are hidden the by << icon? Or are you using a program to totally hide them?
--- End quote ---
Sorry I wasn't clear - hidden by the << icon.

The volume and other system icons are only an issue on Vista, not XP.
--- End quote ---
Ah yes, I should have read more carefully what you originally wrote. Sorry.

What software or such does not display a tooltip?
--- End quote ---
This icon is for the internal ADSL modem.

Thanks for the reply.

joshuawood:
Hi mouser,

Does this version work for you regarding the click events? The only thing I've done differently is compile this for x64 only. Worth a short, it maybe some data types were not getting converted correctly from 32 to 64bit, such as ints. But my understanding is that 32bit code should run fine in a compatibility mode under x64. Give it a shot anyways.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version