ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

USB Safely Remove, 50% discount on January 17th

<< < (5/7) > >>

Ath:
Received an e-mail today:
We have a special promo this month for you. Purchase any of our programs until
September 30th and save 50%!

Read more about this offer on our web-site:
  http://safelyremove.com/limitedOffer.htm?em

Less than 48 hours left, hurry before it's too late!

--
Kind regards,
USB Safely Remove & Zentimo development team,
http://crystalrich.com

--- End quote ---

Like Tomos, tagged here because it's the same offer.

Ath:
And again a special offer from Crystal Rich:

Some time ago you requested a free license for USB Safely Remove. If you like
the program we are glad to offer you a unique opportunity to purchase the
license for the latest version at 50% off for only $9.95 USD (price includes
one year upgrades).

The version 4.7 has many new features you may benefit from: a completely
reworked stylish user interface that adds skins, lets you stop all devices at
once, can power off drives in Vista and Win 7, has better safe removal tool and
many other improvements that make your work with USB and SATA devices even more
comfortable.

Grab the deal here:
  http://safelyremove.com/order.htm?50poff

Hurry, the offer is valid only until November 2nd!

--
Kind regards,
USB Safely Remove development team,
http://crystalrich.com

--- End quote ---

And because it's still the same deal, added to this thread again.

J-Mac:
I got USB Safely Remove during the free giveaway in August. The version offered, 4.7, is frozen, meaning I cannot get any updates without upgrading. That's OK - perfectly acceptable since the giveaway was surely meant to attract interested people who would hopefully become permanent customers. However after downloading and installing the giveaway version I received a flurry of emails trying to get me to upgrade immediately. When I say "flurry" it was more like a blizzard! Maybe a dozen emails in the first three days. It died down quite a bit after that to a more acceptable level of maybe three a week, then the emails stopped altogether.

I do understand that they gave away the program in order to draw paying customers but I would think that people need a little time to decide whether or not they really like the software before barraging them with solicitations. IDK, maybe I have it all wrong and the first few days are critical from a marketing standpoint. It just seemed like overkill too soon to me.

As it stands I no longer have this program start with Windows. I was running it on Windows 7 and it went a little bonkers on me a few times. Anytime I clicked on the little "Up" arrow that opens the system tray's hidden icons I would get one or more USB Safely Remove windows open telling me it was safe to remove, well, just about every USB device I had connected! I admit I didn't take the time to troubleshoot it because I don’t connect and disconnect devices to my PC that often so it was easier to just disable the auto-start and use the old-fashioned Windows utility for safely removing USB devices.

I'm surprised because so many DC members praised this program. Has anyone else seen similar issues with USB Safely Remove? Any thoughts on what kind of conflict could be behind the weird behavior I saw?

Thanks!

Jim

Ath:
I'm surprised because so many DC members praised this program.
-J-Mac (October 30, 2011, 11:14 AM)
--- End quote ---
I'm one of them, I'm very pleased with how easy it integrates with Windows 7 (x64) and how painless it makes the mounting and dismounting of USB aparatus that need to be dismounted.
You must have something hosed on your system, either a weird (unsupported doesn't seem appropriate) or defective USB controller or some drivers acting up in your Windows install.

Btw, I got that same 4.7 from the august giveaway, but only received like 2 or 3 offers to "Upgrade Now" (per account that I got it for :)) with the above post being the last one.

cyberdiva:
I was running it on Windows 7 and it went a little bonkers on me a few times. Anytime I clicked on the little "Up" arrow that opens the system tray's hidden icons I would get one or more USB Safely Remove windows open telling me it was safe to remove, well, just about every USB device I had connected!
-J-Mac (October 30, 2011, 11:14 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hi, Jim.  I had a slightly different but possibly related experience with USB Safely Remove (version 4.7.1.1153).  Several times, when I was clicking on a different program in my system tray, USB Safely Remove would pop up to tell me that there were "no visible connected devices."  I thought that was strange, since I hadn't clicked on the USBSR icon.  I finally realized that each time, I had been clicking on the icon right next to USBSR, and instead of hitting the icon directly, I missed and was actually clicking on the space between the other program and USBSR.  That was enough to trigger the popup.  If you've got the USBSR icon sitting right next to the little "up" arrows leading to the hidden icons, it may be that you didn't hit the arrows directly but clicked slightly to the right, and that would be enough to trigger the USBSR popup.

I think I've even seen this happen when I've intended to click on the ClipMate icon, which isn't all that near USBSR.  Occasionally, if I don't hit the ClipMate icon cleanly, USBSR has popped up.  I really don't understand that, since the icons are not next to each other.  It's also the case that this behavior with ClipMate and USBSR is not consistent or even frequent, but it has happened several times.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version