ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Windows editors - do they have to be so bad?

<< < (14/20) > >>

widgewunner:
I just looked at the Zeus webpage and must admit I am impressed. However, after reading some of the forum, it appears that Zeus has been (and may still be) using an older regular expression engine. Is this still true?

Jussi Jumppanen:
I have one complaint about it. Revisions come infrequently with trivial or barely noticeable improvements and upgrade prices are way out of line with the meager improvements.-tide (April 17, 2009, 01:13 AM)
--- End quote ---
The Zeus 3.96 version has had free upgrades since 19 th Jan 2007: http://www.zeusedit.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=6
As it stands, minor upgrades should be free to registered users.
--- End quote ---
They are ;)

Jussi Jumppanen:
However, after reading some of the forum, it appears that Zeus has been (and may still be) using an older regular expression engine. Is this still true?
-widgewunner (April 17, 2009, 02:49 PM)
--- End quote ---
Zeus uses a unix/perl style of regular expression engine. Another user suggested the engine in Zeus is old, but I've never really understood what it is that makes an engine old or new?

Recently I wrote a C# project that made extensive use of the Microsoft C# regular expression object. All the regular expressions used in that project where written and tested in Zeus and they worked just fine in the C# regular expression object. 

tide:

The Zeus 3.96 version has had free upgrades since 19 th Jan 2007: http://www.zeusedit.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=6
As it stands, minor upgrades should be free to registered users.
--- End quote ---
They are ;)

-tide (April 17, 2009, 01:13 AM)
--- End quote ---

I have one complaint about it. Revisions come infrequently with trivial or barely noticeable improvements and upgrade prices are way out of line with the meager improvements.-Jussi Jumppanen (April 18, 2009, 10:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

Excuse me, but I am running the five year old version 3.94a and now you're at 3.96r? That change is in the SECOND DECIMAL PLACE of the revision number. That's supposed to be MAJOR?

Your upgrade page says

"This upgrade option is available to any Zeus user running the older 3.9x version who wishes to upgrade to the latest version."

and the cost of that would be $49.95.

allen:
Excuse me, but I am running the five year old version 3.94a and now you're at 3.96r? That change is in the SECOND DECIMAL PLACE of the revision number. That's supposed to be MAJOR?

Your upgrade page says

"This upgrade option is available to any Zeus user running the older 3.9x version who wishes to upgrade to the latest version."

and the cost of that would be $49.95.
-tide (April 19, 2009, 05:34 AM)
--- End quote ---

But that's a-z then a-r, plus 2 decimal places -- that's at least 36 point changes ;P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version