ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

DonationCoder.com - Complaints, Problems, and Rooms for Improvement

<< < (9/12) > >>

cmpm:
- your DC RSS feed only has 5 items and forum has 30 posts in one day...
I think your RSS feed needs to show 60 posts (on average)?

-ropt (January 19, 2009, 04:49 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah I think the feed could use some help.
I don't know how they work from DC's end.
But from the feed readers they don't show much of what is happening on the board.
And it could solve the recent post problem as well.
Perhaps have it show threads instead of just posts, I don't know.

I had the feed for a while but it didn't say much,
compared to the actual ongoing content of DC.

As far as the search thing, I'm fine with how it works.
An index of links or software would be cool, but the context would not be there. (or could it) So you wouldn't know if they were good or bad links to software and things. And even that depends on the person in some cases.

I've posted software links I recommend at other forums and linked to the conversation at DC about it, so that they would get an idea of what others think about it.

As simple and easy as DC is, I'd hate to have it complicated up.

PPLandry:
Here is another small bug:

When doing a search, there is a link at the end:
"Static link for reproducing this search: here."

The link works but one search parameter is not included: match all words / match any words. Whatever was chosen, it goes back to match all words...  :o

Nod5:
A minor forum quirk in IE (and Maxthon, but not FF): after clicking in the message text of a post the page can't be scrolled with the pageup/pagedown keyboard buttons. Clicking in the right/left margin of the page makes then buttons work again.

another one (also a Maxthon/IE thing I think): when I'm (1) not logged in, (2) already have multiple DC forum pages open, and
(3) log in on one of those pages, then I'm returned not to that page but to one of the other pages (maybe the one that I accessed first?).

wreckedcarzz:
(3) log in on one of those pages, then I'm returned not to that page but to one of the other pages (maybe the one that I accessed first?).
-Nod5 (January 28, 2009, 05:13 PM)
--- End quote ---

Ugh, I HATE this bug. It goes to the last page you visited before logging in. Bad cookie setting would be my guess.

Out of those 3, that one would be my first to fix, because it affects all browsers.

icekin:
No issues with Donationcoder.com itself, but I never received my DC Member's kit, tried requesting twice. I want a cody sticker.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version