ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > FARR Plugins and Aliases

Everything plugin for FARR

<< < (4/8) > >>

Nod5:
This sounds really promising! Everything is so darn fast. It will be really interesting to see in what ways FARR and Everything can be used together now. Up until now I've launched Everything searches via a FARR alias. I have used it mostly for when I know that I need something in a folder that I've excluded in FARR or a folder with so many files that it will take FARR longer than Everything to find the results. But if a plugin like this can be enhanced then maybe more and more of the basic FARR search capacities can be aided by Everything (the same goes for Locate32 and the FARR plugin for that).

Two extreme scenarios seem clear enough:
1. minimal scenario: use Everything only in rare cases, through a special alias (for example "ev"; "ev filename")
2. maximal scenario: use Everything for all FARR searches, without any special alias. (Though clear enough as a scenario there can of course be a lot of problems with implementing that and so reasons against going for something like that. This also ties in with previous FARR discussions concerning indexing.)

Here's a possible inbetween scenario that I can think of: as a step in a regular FARR search FARR uses Everything for searching some folders (as specified in FARR options) and does a regular FARR search in other folders and then combines and presents the results.

Jespar:
It works as a charm, I love it. :-)

But having danish as my native tongue causes a problem for FarrEverything (and for Locate32 as well) - it can't locate files with danish letters in the filenames - then it looks like this:

When I try to execute a file with the faulty letters ("æ", "ø" and "å"), nothing happens, because the path is wrong. I hope it can be fixed somehow.

/Jesper.

Vrokolos:
a regular FARR search FARR uses Everything for searching some folders (as specified in FARR options) and does a regular FARR search in other folders and then combines and presents the results.
-Nod5 (January 17, 2009, 06:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

I would love something like that for all plugins I choose. Like an 'Integrate this plugin to default search with an additional +/-X score' choice.

When I try to execute a file with the faulty letters ("æ", "ø" and "å"), nothing happens, because the path is wrong.
--- End quote ---

Will check it out soon..

justice:
Just fantastic. I'd like to see Everything working as FARR's indexer as well if at all possible of course.
At the moment I've set FARR to show 5 results.
With Farr there's a +sall switch to show more than the five, would it be possible for Everything to use the longer list view if over X results are returned? I guess I need this because Everything doesn't score the results like farr should - so if somehow FARR could score Everything's results then the best results would float to the top.

Yea that sounds fantastic.

anishpat:
Is there any way to run this from FARR without having to keep EV running in the background?  Or, a way to automatically execute everything.exe when I initiate the ev alias?

This is what I liked about the loc32 plugin.  I don't have to have loc32 running when I use the loc alias.

I only need this search functionality occasionally (since FARR usually gives me the results I'm looking for anyway) so I don't care to have Everything running all the time.  And, having to manually execute everything.exe before using the alias isn't convenient.

Thanks for the plugin though!  It's definitely gonna stay on my system.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version