ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > ProcessTamer

Process Tamer - LATEST VERSION INFO THREAD - v2.11.01 - Apr 23, 2009

<< < (6/14) > >>

ssoundman:
Great job on this program, mouser.  :Thmbsup:

I have 3 questions about Process Tamer:

1. Do you have any information as to how it will work with Vista? Sorry if you've already posted it, but I can't find anything about this topic.

2. I'd like to include it on all the laptops I service at the college I work for. Is that ok with you?

3. If the answer to #2 above is in the affirmative, can you please include a feature in the next build to hide the icon in the system tray? Perhaps a hot-key combination could open it? That way it would be less likely to be messed with by users who have no business messing with it. (I must allow all users to have administrative privileges.)

Thanks- ssoundman

mouser:
as for #2 -> i guess i'd consider all schools as in the same class as non-profits and thus free to use all of our software as free site license; you should email me for a site license made out to the college or department with your (or some other support person's) email.

as for #3, i suppose i could add an option for this.

as for #1, i think the current reports i've gotten back are that PT has to be configured (right-click on it and choose properties) to run with administrative priviledges in order for it to do its thing. what i need to do is add code to check for this and report if its not running in such a way on vista, and instruct user how to fix.  and maybe see if i can't get the installer to automatically configure this on install (anyone know code for doing this?).

lrlewis:
Just a head's up:  the link to LATEST RELEASE  Download v2.09.01 on
https://www.donationcoder.com/Software/Mouser/proctamer/index.html
actually downloads v2.08.01  (as of 21 Aug 2007)
Think you need to update the link on this page (and a number of sites linking via this link, e.g, MajorGeeks.com)

The link on this page, https://www.donationcoder.com/Software/releases.html
is OK

mouser:
Thanks lrlewis, i think it should be fixed now, unless there are some cache issues.

(i recently released updates of most of my software to add update checking options and to make the installer able to shutdown the programs during update and in the process all of the new installers had their names changes and i had to modify all the web pges, etc.)

zipponan:
thanks ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version