ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

help needed to unpack a exe (example creakme)

(1/2) > >>

megatron:
Can anyone provide some link which has some details to unpack a creackme (Packed using UPX I think). It will be very helpful if it can  explain how the unpack of UPX works (instead of just giving steps to unpack it). I am more interested to know how it works.

40hz:
There are several unpacking utilities available.

But what exactly are you trying to accomplish by unpacking the exe installer file as opposed to just running the executable itself?

If you're trying to circumvent a licensing or registration "wrapper," or to break some form of copy protection, or to reverse-engineer a product, then I don't think anybody here will be able to help you.

:)

scancode:
Can anyone provide some link which has some details to unpack a creackme (Packed using UPX I think). It will be very helpful if it can  explain how the unpack of UPX works (instead of just giving steps to unpack it). I am more interested to know how it works.
-megatron (January 09, 2009, 12:15 PM)
--- End quote ---

A) Crackme.
B) Where's the solution for MY crackme?

f0dder:
As I mentioned in some other thread, DonationCoder isn't really the appropriate site for software deconstruction - even when it's legit stuff like crackmes. There's other more focused forums that'll serve you a lot better...

megatron:
-megatron (January 09, 2009, 12:15 PM)
--- End quote ---

A) Crackme.
B) Where's the solution for MY crackme?
-scancode (January 09, 2009, 07:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

i am asking about the same crackme :D in this thread...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version