topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Monday April 15, 2024, 11:02 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Request - Ubiquity Plugin for FARR?  (Read 4414 times)

CatamountJack

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Request - Ubiquity Plugin for FARR?
« on: January 11, 2009, 02:10 PM »
I searched for Ubiquity, but didn't see this asked anywhere else - hope this isn't a duplicate...

I was reading a post on lifehacker.com today regarding Firefox's TabHunter extension and someone mentioned that Ubiquity would eventually provide the same functionality.  This got me to thinking, it looks like there are a lot of similar cool things that Ubiquity will eventually be able to do, but I don't want a separate launcher just for my browser - I love FARR farr too much!

Does anybody have any idea whether it will be possible to create a Ubiquity plugin, so you could use Ubiquity entirely from within FARR?

ecaradec

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Blog & Projects
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Request - Ubiquity Plugin for FARR?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2009, 07:06 AM »
I would like that too. The Ubiquity interface is somehow different from the FARR one. I'm not sure we could directly connect to ubiquity. However The connection to firefox could be done throught mozrepl (a firefox extension ) with a socket. Then gBrowser.getBrowserAtIndex(x).contentTitle can get you the title of the 'x' tab.

Tab switching is probably not very complicated plugin to write.
Blog & Projects : Blog | Qatapult | SwiffOut | FScript