ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

windows 7 beta available for free Jan 9 (!)

<< < (27/33) > >>

f0dder:
It installed quite quickly. I assigned a gig of RAM to it and it's rather sluggish compared to Vista on 4 gig and XP on 2, but what does on expect?!-Darwin (January 12, 2009, 07:44 PM)
--- End quote ---
Is that using VirtualPC? It's quite snappy being assigned 1gig running under vmware...

Deozaan:
It installed quite quickly. I assigned a gig of RAM to it and it's rather sluggish compared to Vista on 4 gig and XP on 2, but what does on expect?!-Darwin (January 12, 2009, 07:44 PM)
--- End quote ---
Is that using VirtualPC? It's quite snappy being assigned 1gig running under vmware...
-f0dder (January 12, 2009, 08:04 PM)
--- End quote ---

It's very sluggish (to say the least) using VirtualPC on my 1GB RAM VM...

Carol Haynes:
I have to agree - in VMWare (with 1Gb of memory) it is probably as fast as Windows XP, maybe a bit better.

Darwin:
Yes - I"m running Windows 7 in Virtual PC. Seeing these last few posts prompted me to return to Virtual PC and take a look. I'd probably stop short of calling it sluggish, per se, but it's noticably slower than my "real" XP and Vista installs, both of which have a LOT more RAM to work with.

40hz:
Now that the beta is out, I was wondering if it would make more sense to shift the discussion over to WINDOWS 7 THREAD (ongoing) or possibly starting a new topic called something like: I'm Running Windows 7 Beta?

https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=15107.0

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version