ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

windows 7 beta available for free Jan 9 (!)

<< < (11/33) > >>

Carol Haynes:
The blog page has now removed all reference to 'come back this afternoon'

fenixproductions:
Microsoft would have to release some kind of small "ISO checker" program that people could download to verify that the torrent is complete/legitimate after it's finished downloading.-Hirudin (January 09, 2009, 06:17 PM)
--- End quote ---
Simple MD5 or SHA1 would be enough.

Hirudin:
Simple MD5 or SHA1 would be enough.
-fenixproductions (January 09, 2009, 06:48 PM)
--- End quote ---
True-dat.
As big of a nerd that I am, I don't think I've ever successfully checked an MD5 (or any other checksum). I've heard Directory Opus will calculate them, is there a "built into Windows" solution available?

I realize more and more that I apparently have no qualms about going off topic.

40hz:
They have an estimated 2.5 million parties queuing up (at Microsoft's invitation) to download a multi-gigabyte ISO - and they're trying to act like they're surprised by the bandwidth hit on their server farm?

Coupled with the torrent "leak" last week, this whole thing is starting to feel like they're trying to engineer a little "press" for the product.

I'd really hate to download something that size simply because there was no other alternative for getting it.

I am hoping they'll include it in the next MS Partner Action-Pack distribution. If we're expected to help them sell this thing, we're going to need a little more to work with than a white paper and some extensively choreographed videos.

fenixproductions:
is there a "built into Windows" solution available?-Hirudin (January 09, 2009, 06:53 PM)
--- End quote ---
Nope but there are few shell extensions for seeing that in file's properties window (ex. http://beeblebrox.org/hashtab/ ).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version