ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

windows 7 beta available for free Jan 9 (!)

<< < (4/33) > >>

kartal:
I use win7 on virtual box ubuntu host(Macbook pro). It is not bad. Both virtual machine and win7 seems to be doing fine as far as speed goes.

Lashiec:
I heard that they're only allowing 2.5 million downloads, can anyone confirm this?
-Hirudin (January 08, 2009, 02:14 PM)
--- End quote ---

Confirmed. Since the page is getting hammered, I'll post the relevant part:

The Windows 7 Beta is going to be available download-only (we’re not sending out physical media) and available for a limited time to the first 2.5 million people who download the beta.

--- End quote ---

Fedorov:
I'm interested in what Anti-Virus and Firewall products are known to work on it before installing :)

Ehtyar:
MS need to embrace torrents for legitimate uses...fail.

Anyway, having installed Windows 7 on the desktop, IT IS FAST!!! Boot speed has been significantly improved also.

It looks a whole lot better than Vista (as everyone already knows), and the Firewall looks like it is going to be working a whole lot better than the XP/Vista f/w. Just something quick to tantilise the taste buds (I am at work ya know :P).

Ehtyar.

40hz:
FYI:

Non-MSDN and TechNet subscribers download available starting @ 12:00PM Pacific Time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version