ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Sound Recorder freeware - anyone?

(1/5) > >>

Carol Haynes:
A friends in the languages department of a local school has asked me if I know of any audio recording software as kids are now submitting oral exercises and tests by MP3 on CD and it would be nice to be able to offer them some software to download to make the process easier and more effective.

Anyone got any ideas for a freeware audio recording package?

I know windows comes with a basic utility and many sound cards include some basic stuff.

Anyone know anything a bit better that will allow recording from a mic and perhaps allow some drop-in editing and ideally output MP3 format (and if possible burn recordings to CD).

It doesn't have to be a soundforge (but something like a simplified version of that would be nice ;-)).

PhilB66:
Streamosaur Maybe and Wavosaur for editing.

PhilB66:
Software to record in MP3 format

Carol Haynes:
Streamosaur Maybe and Wavosaur for editing.
--- End quote ---

They both look nice - and have the advantage of being completely portable ;)

Software to record in MP3 format
--- End quote ---

Thanks - I new I had seen this somewhere.

Having said that I like the fact you can record direct to Wav in Wavosaur - though I am sure some of the other options will do that too.

Carol Haynes:
Given that Wavosaur doesn't have a CD burner - any suggestions for a simple freeware Audio CD Burner - preferably portable.

I have downloaded CDBurnerXP and that works fine but it is a bit complicated and needs to be installed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version