ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Multi Photo Quotes

Commandline Helper Tool (Plugins) Coders Requested

(1/2) > >>

mouser:
I've added a new feature to MPQ that lets it run a commandline tool whose job it is to fetch/generate a random quote.
The most likely use for such a thing would be to grab a quote from a website like: wikiquotes, quotesdaddy, bash, etc.

So basically i'm hoping to pique the interest of someone here who would be willing to write a small commandline tool for some of these services that will fetch a random quote from them (most have an xml based api).

Note that for size and speed reasons, ideally these commandline tools would be built using c++ or some other native compiled language, rather thank ahk, .net, delphi, etc.,  but that is not mandatory.

Can i interest anyone?

mouser:
I should say that downloading images for the screensaver is also possible by the commandline tools -- so i'd also be interested in someone who would be willing to code some commandline tools that can grab random images from flickr, etc.

f0dder:
It would probably be a good idea if developers pulling stuff from webservices can agree on using libCURL - that way, the curl.dll could be shipped with the screensaver, and allowing for tiny plugins. That, or use WinINet - that's really tiny :) (since it ships with windows)

mouser:
Thats a very good idea.

mouser:
I've successfully used the free commandline tool pscrape to fetch random quotes on demand from the www.quotesdaddy.com page  :up:

It will be in the next release.  If anyone wants to try scraping other random info please post what you find.

(note that you can use this feature to show other info besides quotes).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version