ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

The Monkeys Have Hit The Button

(1/10) > >>

wreckedcarzz:

;D

Go ahead and laugh. It's OK. At least I know I'm not the only one laughing. Right?

Anyways, it would appear that the monkeys have hit the button - and from what I can assume, the first public alpha of the Cairo Shell will be released in 10 days.

Cairo is an alternative shell (ex: Explorer.exe, ugh) for Windows XP/Vista/7 (compatibility has been verified for all 3) - from the screenshots, news and hype, it should be one awesome shell replacement.

The Monkeys Have Hit The Button

Disclaimer: I don't do any testing or anything for the Cairo team; I'm just REALLY excited to see that this may FINALLY become a program that I can use. In all seriousness, it looks/sounds just amazing.

Last second edit: I know, the image is huge. Don't blame me, I didn't want to download it, edit it, upload it and re-link it.

Darwin:
Thanks for alerting us to this, Brandon. I’ve been waiting for Cairo to be released myself, though I'm not as sure today as I was a year ago that I'm that interested in running an alternative shell... I’ll have to wait and see!

Target:
glad to see there is something happening - ran across this one recently and while the hype seems to promise a lot, browsing the site didn't reveal too much...

I might feel more confident if they'd managed to line the digits up with the frames in the countdown timer  :huh:

EDIT: The countdown does render correctly in firefox, but not in Explorer

electronixtar:
I was about to post this to DC also. Looking foward the M1 test. Hope someone will show us some screenshot here.  ;D

J-Mac:
Thanks wrecked! Looking good - it'll be nice to be able to at least give it a try.

Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version