ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Capture rounded corners in Vista/Win7 Aero Glass

<< < (14/15) > >>

mouser:
Yeah, grab active window is the only one that does the transparency fixing and the child windows confuse it a bit.

BUT, I should be able to fix that.

David.P:
Sorry to be late on this topic,

I have just installed the latest version of SC on Win7 Prof 64bit, and can't seem to get transparent window backgrounds.

Instead, captures look like this:

The captures are made using the "Grab active window" button of the Quick Capure Bar.

SC settings are all default (I chose "reset settings" on installation).

Any idea what could be wrong?

Regards David.P

mouser:
Is the window you are trying to capture a child window, sitting in front of the main application?

If so, try moving it off of the parent background window (may require resizing main background window).

Because of the way the transparency capture works, SC has to do some unusual coloring behind the active window, which seems to fail if the window is a child window in front of a parent window from the same application.

David.P:
Ah ok mouser, that was it! Thank you.

Btw, is it possible to capture multiple (overlapping, or adjacent) windows, for example by shift-clicking on several windows that are currently visible?

Regards David.P

mouser:
Btw, is it possible to capture multiple (overlapping, or adjacent) windows, for example by shift-clicking on several windows that are currently visible?
--- End quote ---

Can you elaborate how you would want to use this?

The easiest way now would be to just make sure they are on a plain background and then capture the entire screen.
Once you've captured the entire screen you can use SC to remove the background area (as long as it's a relatively solid color).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version