ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Capture rounded corners in Vista/Win7 Aero Glass

<< < (4/15) > >>

mouser:
Ok let me do a round of work on Screenshot Captor in the next few days and see if i can't address some of these issues.

Deozaan:
With regard to the latest beta version (2.79.01):

When I do a screen capture (Prnt Scrn) the SCC window will pop up with a rectangle selection that is smaller than the active window, which then disappears before I can do anything with it. But other than that, everything looks fine.
--- End quote ---

Fixed! :Thmbsup: In fact, when doing a full screen capture, the active window is properly pre-selected, and clicking the crop button properly makes the corners transparent. It also properly captures the transparency (Aero effects) in all my windows.

And when I do an active window capture (Alt-Prnt Scrn) it will properly grab just the active window, but the corners outside the active window are not made transparent like they are when doing the same thing in XP.
--- End quote ---

Still broken. :( And also SC does not like the Aero transparency stuff. Anything that is transparent due to the Aero theme either is captured as pure blackness or when I'm lucky it just isn't transparent (non-Aero), but the proper colors otherwise.

When capturing the active window of games I make in TGB, the contents are blank/black
--- End quote ---

Still broken. :(

And when capturing Google Chrome it does really weird stuff.
--- End quote ---

Still broken. :( I think this is mostly due to Chrome's unique lack of a title bar.

When trying to capture an image of the SCC window, the image is just a white screen (but my mouse cursor is captured properly).
--- End quote ---

Still broken. :(

When making a full screen capture and then cropping the image and renaming it, the thumbnail image in the sidebar doesn't update. The name updates, but the actual thumbnail itself shows the full desktop capture. Even going into the menu File -> Save Changes Now sometimes doesn't get that thumbnail image to update.
--- End quote ---

EDIT: This appears to be fixed! :Thmbsup: This is still broken. :( This works when "Auto-save new captures" is enabled, but doesn't update the thumbnails when it is disabled. :-\

I also found a new weird thingy: If you change the settings so that it doesn't automatically save new captures, there is no default text used in the Name field to save it. You have to manually type in a name first to save it.

mouser:
im going to try to fix the active window capture right away.. that seems like a deal breaker.
however i'm having a hard time reproducing your report.. can you be more specific about what actions you take and what options you have that cause this behavior of active window capture not trimming rounded corners/transparency, so i can try to reproduce?

mouser:
ok i've got self capture on win7 fixed, and it may be related to the TGB problem.. we shall see.

mouser:
anyone else with win7 trying the beta and not seeing it properly capture the rounded corner transparency? or having it work properly?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version