ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Playstation 3 and Media Server Setup?

(1/3) > >>

seedling:
I've been looking around for something simple (cuz it should be), but i set up my ps3 and it connects to my router and thus to the net.  but, of course, i would like to have some sort of media server on the network that the ps3 can see so that i can watch my vids and listen to my music, etc.  any quick and easy tips, software/settings, etc to get this up and running?

i currently only have 2 other windowsXP machines on the network, so i'd need something that could run on XP systems.

TIA!!! :)

Josh:
www.tversity.com

That is what I use and it works very well. Easy to setup, add folders for watching, and setup for DLNA which the PS3 supports.

fenixproductions:
2seedling
If your "server" is standard PC you can try to host Weezo on it and access via web browser (if PS3 can do it). If not - I read somewhere about Linux distributions meant for Playstation so using it could be good way.

If I am wrong, I hope I gave right direction :)

seedling:
thank you for your quick responses! :) think i'll try tversity.  i don't have an extra machine to mess with Linux stuff (which i found a lot of info for here and there); so was hoping for a quick/dirty windows network solution.

if anyone else has any other info for setting this up, please let me know!

Thanks again :D

fenixproductions:
2seedling
I've mentioned Linux because I don't really know how PS3 handle multimedia while browsing the web. Weezo itself needs Windows only (and gives you easy media streaming). That's all.

Or "Linux reply" was not for me? ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version