ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

How to remove CRC check from a exe?

(1/2) > >>

megatron:
Anyone has some tips to remove CRC check from exe.

I have a exe which has is_debug_present and some assembly which I had to change. But now when I run that program I get some error “error unpacking program”. I think the exe has some internal CRC check.

Problems while remove CRC:
1. I think the error string shown is generated at runtime, so I cannot find from memory map and put BP
2. I cannot see any references to show window, msgbox etc.

Anyone can provide some tips to fight these anti-reverse eng ticks.

I am using the latest ollydbg-200i, which has very good support for putting memory point anywhere (old ollydbg gives problem if I put breakpoint in some memory areas)

mouser:
if this is related to removing a license protection on a program, that's just not something that we permit discussing on this forum, sorry.

Ehtyar:
megatron, you'll need to explain what it is you're trying to accomplish in more detail so that we can determine you're not engaging in piracy before we help you. Be as forthcoming as you possibly can.

Ehtyar.

megatron:
Definitely I am going to remove a license from a program for piracy or to use it illegally. I want to figure out how it is done, so that I can also use the same. And put some more protection over it instead of using some packer program like ASProtect (which I think is already broken)

scancode:
Definitely I am going to remove a license from a program for piracy or to use it illegally.
-megatron (January 02, 2009, 03:55 PM)
--- End quote ---

Aren't you missing a "NOT" there?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version