ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: set folder modifed date/time to most recently modified file it contains

(1/3) > >>

fhayes:
When trying to keep directory trees in sync between local disks and network drives, it is confusing when some of the folder dates get changed by the move/copy operation. FileSync tools may ignore this but unfortunately my brain does not.
When looking at the source and destination directories I'd like the folder 'modified' date/time to reflect the most recently 'modified' file within that folder (tree). If the folder contains subfolders then it would be nice if it walked down the directory tree recursively modifying subdirectory timestamps and taking care of the entire tree. (Only the 'modified' timestamp would be altered)

f0dder:
So, you want each folder modified-timestamp to be the timestamp of the most recently modified file just in that folder, or in the entire sub-folder tree?

fhayes:
probably would be best to timestamp check just the files within the folder being viewed. Then when trying to figure out whats different across two dir trees you would know that if the folder dates differ, that the files that differ are at the next level down. This algorithm would then recurse down any discovered subdirectories checking their times to the times of the files found within them. Basically "fixing" the "broken" dates on the entire folder tree.

mouser:
this would be useful.

Crush:
I have some files here that contain NO kind of timestamp. This would be useful to repair these broken dates. Does someone also has found anything like this on his drives?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version