ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Auto Vista update disabled wireless card on my toshiba laptop!!

(1/1)

kartal:
The wireless card is not showing up after Vista`s auto update. I tried restoring to previouis states, updated drivers, reupdated vista. Nothing seems to work. Any suggestions?

thanks

J-Mac:
What make? I read that HP has a known issue and requires mobo replacement. Mostly occurring with DV6000 notebooks and Broadcom cards though other combinations have been reported.

Look here, for one:  http://forums12.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?admit=109447627+1221205676491+28353475&threadId=1104931

Jim

soundchaser1057:
Hi Don't know if this is a little late to help, I have a Toshiba laptop and had the same problem as you when I updated (automatically ) unfortuanately at the end of Dec.
When i tried to connect to a wireless network there was no wireless on my laptop despite the switch being on.
I restored the laptop to a previous point ( Which removed all the updates from Dec) and it worked again.
Don't know which update is responsible but hope it helps.
John

kartal:
soundchaser1057, thabks for the reply. Luckily I went back to XP on that laptop. It works great now :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version