topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 10:33 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Auto Vista update disabled wireless card on my toshiba laptop!!  (Read 5478 times)

kartal

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
The wireless card is not showing up after Vista`s auto update. I tried restoring to previouis states, updated drivers, reupdated vista. Nothing seems to work. Any suggestions?

thanks

J-Mac

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Auto Vista update disabled wireless card on my toshiba laptop!!
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2008, 02:52 AM »
What make? I read that HP has a known issue and requires mobo replacement. Mostly occurring with DV6000 notebooks and Broadcom cards though other combinations have been reported.

Look here, for one:  http://forums12.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?admit=109447627+1221205676491+28353475&threadId=1104931

Jim

soundchaser1057

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2009, 02:19 PM »
Hi Don't know if this is a little late to help, I have a Toshiba laptop and had the same problem as you when I updated (automatically ) unfortuanately at the end of Dec.
When i tried to connect to a wireless network there was no wireless on my laptop despite the switch being on.
I restored the laptop to a previous point ( Which removed all the updates from Dec) and it worked again.
Don't know which update is responsible but hope it helps.
John

kartal

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2009, 02:27 PM »
soundchaser1057, thabks for the reply. Luckily I went back to XP on that laptop. It works great now :)