ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

HowTo make Thunderbird re-send 100s of emails from different senders?

<< < (4/4)

Curt:
@Jim the Mac... , I don't have gmail as my prime address, (and won't), so, googlegroups or not, I now realize that is important for me to first be certain that the saved emails are not showing up as if they were send from me to me, but from the original sender.

Carol Haynes:
If you are dragging to an IMAP folder it should retain all the headers correctly as you are not posting it anywhere.

Why not simply enable IMAP in GMail and then setup IMAP access to your Gmail account in Thunderbird and try it by just dragging one email to a GMail IMAP folder? You can then inspect the email headers in the web based interface in GMail.

If it doesn't work you have lost nothing.

Curt:
... enable IMAP on the GMail account, set up an IMAP account in Thunderbird for it and then just drag'n'drop the folders between accounts in Thunderbird ?
-4wd (December 28, 2008, 06:21 PM)
--- End quote ---
... enable IMAP in GMail and then setup IMAP access to your Gmail account in Thunderbird and try it by just dragging one email to a GMail IMAP folder
-Carol Haynes (December 29, 2008, 08:04 AM)
--- End quote ---

-you were right (both of you), this is the way to do it.  :up:

All license keys have now been copied to gmail. Fast & easy. THANKS!!  :Thmbsup:

Carol Haynes:
Glad it all worked out for you.

4wd:
Congrats on #300   :up:

--- End quote ---

Thanx, congrats on 2500  ;)

-you were right (both of you), this is the way to do it.  :up:

All license keys have now been copied to gmail. Fast & easy. THANKS!!  :Thmbsup:
-Curt (December 29, 2008, 09:21 AM)
--- End quote ---

Good stuff - K.I.S.S. wins again  :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version