| Card "Battle" Game
| Windows 98 or newer
500 MHz processor
256 MB RAM
OpenGL or DirectX compatible accelerated 3D video card
1.0 GHz processor
512 MB RAM
nVidia or ATI accelerated 3D video card
- v1.08.2008.12.30 - Final NANY 2009 Release. Game now highlights winner and automatically starts a new game.
- v0.07.2008.12.11 - Fixed the code to find and store adjacent tiles. Game logic now automatically captures cards.
- v0.06.2008.11.08 - Game board now creates an extra ring of hex tiles for walls.
- v0.05.2008.10.11 - More data is stored to make it easier to find adjacent cards/tiles.
- v0.04.2008.10.08 - Coded to dynamically create board of any size. (alternate board sizes not implemented)
- v0.03.2008.10.07 - Coded to dynamically scale graphics sizes based on tile size.
- v0.02.2008.10.06 - Streamlined creation of hex shapes for various uses (playing cards, board tiles, hand tiles, etc.).
- v0.01.2008.10.05 - First playable prototype.
HexCards is a card game in which two players strategically place hexagonal cards on a playing field to capture the other's cards. Each of the six sides of each card is assigned a numeric value ranging from 1 to 10 (10 is displayed as an "A"). When you place a card on the playing field, you can capture cards in adjacent tiles if the value for that specific side is larger than the value on the adjacent card's side. Watch the video tutorial
for a demonstration with instructions for more information.FeaturesScreenshotsNANY 2009 Release: HexCards
The start of a new game.NANY 2009 Release: HexCards
A game ending in a draw (both players have 4 cards).UsageInstallation
Unzip into desired directory and run hexCards.exe.Using the Application
If you're not sure how to play, check out the video tutorial
Delete HexCards directory.
It may also save a few kb of harmless data into the Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Craven Entertainment\HexCards\
No known bugs.