ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Calendar Math, which language to use?

<< < (2/4) > >>

housetier:
Thanks for pointing out izeit, curt. It might be just the thing I have been looking for to use for my club; atm we use google calendar and old software from the 90s which are aggregated into yet another static calendar. Very complicated very messy.

Curt:
- you're of course welcome.

@ housetier, you might want to know that there is a microscopic problem with the coding of your otherwise very fine pages  versus  the translating service you are using. You are using ISO 8859-1, but the service is using UTF-8, which means that I can never see both parts properly. Either your characters are displayed correctly, and their wrongly, or vice versa.

AndyM:
This wouldn't be something relatively straightforward in Excel with a little VBA?

vixay:
Would a webservice or a webpage be useful for you? In the next weeks I'm planning to start my page with some interesting features. This could be one of them.

Btw. your questions can easily be answered with Mathematica (maybe not a usual choice for this, but I do almost everything in Mathematica :))
Eg. the first one: {{2009,1,3},{2009,2,7},{2009,3,7},{2009,4,4},{2009,5,2},{2009,6,6},{2009,7,4},{2009,8,1},{2009,9,5},{2009,10,3},{2009,11,7},{2009,12,5}}
-kovi2 (December 24, 2008, 05:08 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hmmm... that sounds great... how did you propose the question to mathematica? Will i have to learn a specialized syntax? Can you show the example above...
also can it output a calendar with the dates highlighted?

Izeit, sounds interesting let's take a look.

I think in excel and vba, it would be hard to design an input language for dates... and allow for all possibilities... but you are welcome to try.

Even thought of AHK, but no clear idea there either.

But thanks for the great suggestions guys.... one important thing is the ease of use as well, since this isn't a frequent operation....

vixay:
I checked out iZeist and it does seem to work well... I used the demo, and that's great for trying it out temporarily... and the whole calendar display also works fabulously. You just have to create a new event for each calculation :)

Check out the screenshots of the various operations they support

BUT the output is limited only to GUI (i.e. display),
How to get other output? I guess you could export it to iCal format ...etc.!

I'm still open to other command line based or other options.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version